front ride height

-

wp23n

Reaction score
PO installed superstock spring in the rear, overkill for a slant 6 car
but i have to live with it for now.
in any case front end obviously now seems to be sitting too low
can any tell or recommend what the proper height should be in the front?

also proper sequence to adjust the torsion bars, i havent done it in so long i have forgotten how.

defintley need it to sit up a little higher and yes i know once done i will
need alignment

the proper height as per chrysler will be different then what you probably want.

download a service manual here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=service+manual

and follow the directions on how to get your ride height.

f you just want it a littler higher then the "proper" height then just crank the bars up a little more. a little won't hurt but if you go too far you may not be able to get the alignment into spec.

the proper height as per chrysler will be different then what you probably want.

download a service manual here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=service+manual

and follow the directions on how to get your ride height.

f you just want it a littler higher then the "proper" height then just crank the bars up a little more. a little won't hurt but if you go too far you may not be able to get the alignment into spec.

figures, i just ordered the haynes manual last evening, but i guess i need it for the electronic ignition info anyway.
so now i will have both.

thanks again Joe, cant wait to meet you once the weather breaks

Sooooo, SS springs means "super sport". OK. Now how much do they raise the rear end of a fish compared to the old 5 (maybe 6) leaf reai I have now? I could use about an inch higher.

And where do I source the critters?

Sooooo, SS springs means "super sport". OK. Now how much do they raise the rear end of a fish compared to the old 5 (maybe 6) leaf reai I have now? I could use about an inch higher.

Probably the cheapest places with shipping would be Summit or Jegs. Do a search on here & you should be able to find pics of people's cars with them to see how much they raised the cars. I think most people use the 3400# springs but there is also a 2800# set that might not raise the car as much, not sure.

really?... wow lol

SS springs mean Super Stock springs.

if you only want an inch over call espo and order their 6 leaf + 1" springs and be done. http://www.springsnthings.com/

i know the springs are not on the site, call them they still sell them.

figures, i just ordered the haynes manual last evening, but i guess i need it for the electronic ignition info anyway.
so now i will have both.

thanks again Joe, cant wait to meet you once the weather breaks

can't hurt having the haynes manual around..lol

what info do ya need on the ign?

i'll have to cruise the dart to work one monday and meet ya at the k-mart cruise when it starts. you also have to check out the bensalem hooters cruise. its crazy and not a far ride.:)

can't hurt having the haynes manual around..lol

what info do ya need on the ign?

i'll have to cruise the dart to work one monday and meet ya at the k-mart cruise when it starts. you also have to check out the bensalem hooters cruise. its crazy and not a far ride.:)

joe
nothing really on the ignition at this time but handy to have just in case a problem pops up.

definitely meet you at Kmart once it gets rolling but i dont usually park in their main lot, you will find me in the bank next door. i have been to the bensalem cruise with my Harley on bike nights bit never been to one of their car cruises, also spoke with president of Burlco Mopars and he said while his club isnt planning the friendly's cruise this year that someone else has it listed for the third Friday from May thru October up at the Friendly’s parking lot. Open to all makes.

i will post on the other site once i know for sure.

-
Back