Front speaker

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
Does a 65 Dart take a 6 X 9 or a 4 X 10 front speaker? Getting a radio conversion done and want to add front speaker (empty right now). I've been told both sizes so I'm confused again!:pale:

I would guess 4x10. That's what went in my 70. Used one from custom autosound when I had my radio converted

It's a 4x10. I'm going with a new bracket that holds two 3.5" speakers so I can have right and left speaker in dash. Also bought some kick panels with 4x6 cut outs and have a set of 6x9s for the rear deck.

In the center of dash, nothing in kick panels

4x10 but there is a guy making center speakers that use 2 tweeters and mount the same. use the search here.

Also you can get kick panels to mount front speakers in our cars.

If your not afraid to cut your door panels, you can get shallow ones in there too. Tweeters are somewhat directional so putting them in your dash pointing up is not the best place for them. reflecting them off the windshield is an option. I put tiny enclosed Cerwin Vega tweeters in the corners, you barely noticed them as they were about the size of a silver dollar, and had all the bass to the rear set of 10's in the trunk devider, ran mids in the door. That was back in 85, @ 400W, "Hot for Teacher" would rattle the dash and sounded good..and that was off a low buck Pyramid cassette head unit. ...

Does a 65 Dart take a 6 X 9 or a 4 X 10 front speaker? Getting a radio conversion done and want to add front speaker (empty right now). I've been told both sizes so I'm confused again!:pale:

or if you would like kick panels speakers that accept 5.25 round (slimline) speakers I have some for the 63-66 abodies.
these were installed using boss audio speakers (hey they were there when I was looking for other stuff at walmarts and not too expensive)

this is what ya get.
View attachment DSCF4512.jpg

here they are with the speakers I had installed. close fit but works.
View attachment DSCF4454.jpg

another view
View attachment DSCF4436.jpg

here is the leg room and yeah they let the fresh air door open fully. the 2 holes you see in the floorboard are for the dimmer switch.
View attachment DSCF4437.jpg

takes me 2 days to finish up one.(I'm retired and slow, what can I say:glasses7:)

or ya could wait for me (I'm slow remember) to finish up the 3" deep ones that accept a lot more ranges of good speakers. should be a month or so for the first set to come off the molds and check for fit/finish.

or if you would like kick panels speakers that accept 5.25 round (slimline) speakers I have some for the 63-66 abodies.
these were installed using boss audio speakers (hey they were there when I was looking for other stuff at walmarts and not too expensive)

this is what ya get.
View attachment 1714784568

View attachment 1714784569

another view
View attachment 1714784570

here is the leg room and yeah they let the fresh air door open fully. the 2 holes you see in the floorboard are for the dimmer switch.
View attachment 1714784571

takes me 2 days to finish up one.(I'm retired and slow, what can I say:glasses7:)

or ya could wait for me (I'm slow remember) to finish up the 3" deep ones that accept a lot more ranges of good speakers. should be a month or so for the first set to come off the molds and check for fit/finish.

I added these to my car. Makes a big difference.

this is what ya get.
View attachment 1714784568

View attachment 1714784569

another view
View attachment 1714784570

View attachment 1714784571

I saw your post from 2015. Where did you get the kick panels for the speakers you installed. Please PM me info if available
Thanks,
Scott

I believe Classic Industries has them.
67 and up they do, but Myself(paintable l ABS) and one other guy in Australia (fiberglass)makes them for the 63-66 A's here are some pics installed and in process the blue ones are Jim Keunemans 63 units

jims 63 painting.jpg
kick panel JH RED.jpg
Kickpanels00008.jpg
Kickpanels00065.jpg
Kickpanels00083.jpg
Kickpanels00144.jpg

And I have one set left from this run. pm if you would like a set

67 and up they do, but Myself(paintable l ABS) and one other guy in Australia (fiberglass)makes them for the 63-66 A's here are some pics installed and in process the blue ones are Jim Keunemans 63 units

View attachment 1715697403 View attachment 1715697404 View attachment 1715697405 View attachment 1715697406 View attachment 1715697407 View attachment 1715697408

I looked at those and they are nice. But one, I'm a big guy with big feet and long legs. Those speaker pods just protrude too far into the floor space, plus, how the heck do you get to the dimmer switch? My size 13.5EEE ain't gettin in there.

View attachment 1715697403 View attachment 1715697404 View attachment 1715697405 View attachment 1715697406 View attachment 1715697407 View attachment 1715697408

How much are they and what size speaker can you put in them

I looked at those and they are nice. But one, I'm a big guy with big feet and long legs. Those speaker pods just protrude too far into the floor space, plus, how the heck do you get to the dimmer switch? My size 13.5EEE ain't gettin in there.
My brother in law has size 12 triple E and since we moved the dimmer switch over 1.5 inches even his big old feet can stomp on the dimmer switch. BUT I do have to admit that he still trips the brake light when hitting the clutch:lol: (heck I had a hard time hitting the darned thing without speaker pods) look at the blue picture,
Jim installed his and moved it about 5-6 inches away from the wall and still has room to spare.
Jim2.jpg

How much are they and what size speaker can you put in them
5.25 round 2.60 depth from the BOTTOM of the flange to the bottom of the magnet. 120. shipped for a bodies only members (1 set left from this run) next run in march 2021

moparmatt2000 on here makes the bracket to use 2 speakers up front. 2 nice small speakers gives a lot better sound than the old 4x10 speakers or even rebuilt or reproduction speakers of the old style.

5.25 round 2.60 depth from the BOTTOM of the flange to the bottom of the magnet. 120. shipped for a bodies only members (1 set left from this run) next run in march 2021
I would like to buy a set for my 65 Dart GT and my 65 Barracuda Fast Back. How do you accept payment and where are they coming from. The $120 includes shipping?
Thanks,
Scott

Actually just one set for now since I see you only have one set left. What speakers do you recommend? I saw one members post I think using your kick panels and had R1525X2 Rockford speakers from Amazon about $37.00 a pair.
Thanks,
Scott

Actually just one set for now since I see you only have one set left. What speakers do you recommend? I saw one members post I think using your kick panels and had R1525X2 Rockford speakers from Amazon about $37.00 a pair.
Thanks,
Scott
I like the fosgate ones, but in reality the rockford sound a bit better in the lower tones,(but I"m old and half deaf now from Loud music and cars and some high pitch sounds are missing in my range anymore)

I like the fosgate ones, but in reality the rockford sound a bit better in the lower tones,(but I"m old and half deaf now from Loud music and cars and some high pitch sounds are missing in my range anymore)
I am ready to purchase the kick panels. How do you want to proceed.
Scott

I would like to buy a set for my 65 Dart GT and my 65 Barracuda Fast Back. How do you accept payment and where are they coming from. The $120 includes shipping?
Thanks,
Scott
paypal and yes it includes shipping (IF you are not in Canada then it's another 25 more due to the darned customs and fees that get charged) PM me for address

-
Back