Front Spindle guru's needed!

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have these disc brake spindles that I don't know what exactly they are. I was told E & B body are the same. But I have these that are different in overall height and the inner bearing surface and seal surfaces are also different. If anyone can line me out on these I would appreciate it very much. Been trying to figure these out for a while now. Of course I can't find any #s on them. Spindle on the right has a # , 2535692 best I can make out.
20211130_190402.jpg
20211130_190259.jpg

Last edited:
B&E body disk spindles are not all the same.

'70-'72 B/E body spindles were set up for the single piston disks, but they used a smaller inner wheel bearing than the later stuff.

'73+ B/E body spindles used the same larger inner wheel bearings as all the other 73+ spindles.

The shorter spindle is likely for a '70-72 B/E body.

The taller one is likely for a '73+ B body or an F/M/J body car (diplomat, 5th ave, etc)

You can see some of that ID info here
Swapping Disc-Brake Spindles - Mopar Muscle Magazine

@Oldmanmopar might know. He's tore apart more cars than most people have ever owned. Steve, what say you buddy?

'70-'72 B/E body spindles were set up for the single piston disks, but they used a smaller inner wheel bearing than the later stuff.

'73+ B/E body spindles used the same larger inner wheel bearings as all the other 73+ spindles.

The taller one is likely for a '73+ B body or an F/M/J body car (diplomat, 5th ave, etc)

This is correct info that I can see posted above.

The only thing to add is the bearing size on the 70 T/A and AAR's E-body are also large bearing. I also had one Cuda 6 bbl 4 spd. car with large bearing. I am not sure about Hemi . I Never got to strip one where it was complete and I didn't care to know back then I thought they were all the same. Easy way to tell bearing size without disassembly is the large bearing have a larger squared off hub end. The older up to 72 have a better pin type caliper in my opinion. But the parts are double the cost. Hub ends are tapered. 73 -76 a-body are the better choice to use and easy to find the parts for. Caliper brackets and mounting bolts are the only thing you need to find the rest is available cheap at Auto zone. Spindle are also available new 2 inch drop and standard.

This is correct info that I can see posted above.

The only thing to add is the bearing size on the 70 T/A and AAR's E-body are also large bearing. I also had one Cuda 6 bbl 4 spd. car with large bearing. I am not sure about Hemi . I Never got to strip one where it was complete and I didn't care to know back then I thought they were all the same. Easy way to tell bearing size without disassembly is the large bearing have a larger squared off hub end. The older up to 72 have a better pin type caliper in my opinion. But the parts are double the cost. Hub ends are tapered. 73 -76 a-body are the better choice to use and easy to find the parts for. Caliper brackets and mounting bolts are the only thing you need to find the rest is available cheap at Auto zone. Spindle are also available new 2 inch drop and standard.
Glad you responded. How you gettin along? Well I hope.

Actually it is the 73-up A/E spindle and the 73-up B body spindle which is 3/8" taller than the A/E and the earlier ones but all the 73-up spindles take the larger bearing.

Glad you responded. How you gettin along? Well I hope.
Went outside for the first time yesterday. Felt good but the cold air in my lungs was bad . I need to wear a scarf over my mouth.
I am going with my son today to get my car trailer and the Race chassis Demon back home. He is going to finish the Chassis and cage the take it back. Then we are going to get the other 4 spd. Demon into the shop so I can start assembling it on a rotisserie for paint. I am going to take it to have it completely pre painted. So all I have to do is start adding all the factory pieces. My orange Duster that was wrecked will now be a Demon race car. The reason we went with the Demon nose is for room in front of the engine for future crank driven pro charger. We will take the other Demon and make one street car and one race car.

100_0076.JPG

GF062_70_72_Dart__Demon_Pro_Front_End_4.jpg

Went outside for the first time yesterday. Felt good but the cold air in my lungs was bad . I need to wear a scarf over my mouth.
I am going with my son today to get my car trailer and the Race chassis Demon back home. He is going to finish the Chassis and cage the take it back. Then we are going to get the other 4 spd. Demon into the shop so I can start assembling it on a rotisserie for paint. I am going to take it to have it completely pre painted. So all I have to do is start adding all the factory pieces. My orange Duster that was wrecked will now be a Demon race car. The reason we went with the Demon nose is for room in front of the engine for future crank driven pro charger. We will take the other Demon and make one street car and one race car.

View attachment 1715829046

View attachment 1715829048
You already know you're doing the right thing. Staying as active as you can. Sitting around sick with this stuff will take you out. You need to keep the lungs working and it sounds like you got that figured out. Keepin you in our prayers.

Thanks guys I think I finally got it !

-
Back