Front spoilers

-
Thanks for the link, I wish I knew of it before I bought my spoiler, I more or less had to cut-to-fit, lol

Those are "Spoilers by Randy". I bought one and haven't installed it yet. They bolt to the two large tabs that stick out at the bottom of the core support. Those are original mounting points for AC cores. The spoilers come with mounting brackets and hardware. All metal, nice piece - but spendy.

I am totally gonna make one. that says
Dodge
in the 67s era Script
Semi Gloss Black with White Letters.
It will be kinda big Trans-Am style... Will post pics in the future (2-3months)
Haven't decided with what Aluminum Steel or Fiber. Most comforablt with steel to fab. Want to learn Fiberglass though..

That Front lip is hardly a spoiler and would barely cancel the bumpers lift... I need one that will provide grip as well as stability. Will also improve air flow to radiator by a bit. Leave room for slick brake ducting and possibly Cold air Ram... See need for size? Still want it to look like a Direct Connection Race Option. Like the Daytona Charger front Spoiler.. Full width past the outside of the tires.

Wonder if you'd have to do any custom work to get them on a 74?

Nice add-on, though. Not huge and gaudy, just a good little accent.

^ thats why i like it, nothing to wild just gives a little more flare to the car, i think i see one coming my way somewhere in the future haha

Im glad to see it is of interest to your guys.For sure they look good on Demon or a Duster.A tasteful accent.Im still thinking about how they look on a Dart. Because they are small,the Dart might be able to get away with it .

If any one here purchases one for any Mopar, please let me know.

I have one of Randy's spoilers for my Dart, still not on though because I still need to bang out the dents in my front valance. Spendy? I bought mine for $110 plus some shipping on Ebay, he sells a lot of his stuff on there. Good, solid, well made, actual steel piece. I thought it was priced very well compared to all of the fiberglass junk that's out there.

Doesn't compare to MAS racing, their stuff is all fiberglass, and not the best quality either. They ship lag bolts with their spoilers...:angry7:

[72bluNblu I have one of Randy's spoilers for my Dart, still not on though because I still need to bang out the dents in my front valance. Spendy? I bought mine for $110 plus some shipping on Ebay, he sells a lot of his stuff on there. Good, solid, well made, actual steel piece. I thought it was priced very well compared to all of the fiberglass junk that's out there.

Doesn't compare to MAS racing, their stuff is all fiberglass, and not the best quality either. They ship lag bolts with their spoilers... /QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback 72blunblu
I figured it'd be a case of ya get what you pay for ..

No problem! I'm still on the fence about the MAS spoiler though. I've seen one mounted on an E body that looked good, it does have a nice shape. Just be aware that if you do buy one you'll have to do some work to get it finished and mounted properly, so you end up spending more than the $49 anyway. The spoiler I have from Randy is bolt on and go, and steel. I tried to talk him into making one for a Challenger, but I don't see one available yet...:-D

I am totally gonna make one. that says

That Front lip is hardly a spoiler and would barely cancel the bumpers lift... I need one that will provide grip as well as stability. Will also improve air flow to radiator by a bit. Leave room for slick brake ducting and possibly Cold air Ram... See need for size? Still want it to look like a Direct Connection Race Option. Like the Daytona Charger front Spoiler.. Full width past the outside of the tires.

I'm going to consider one of the Randy's spoilers, not for function or lift control, rather to hide the bottom of the core support that you see when you're standing back a bit. It just looks unfinished from the factory. It looks like it doesn't really mess with the square looks of the 67-69 Darts.

The best material for these front spoilers is ABS plastic. That is what Mopar Performance used when they made the ones that MAS 100% copied.

ABS will bend back and it is molded in solid black so if you scratch it, it doesn't so very much. Almost 100% of OEM spoilers/deflectors are ABS. That's not by accident.

Fiberglass cracks and alumium will bend (but not bend back).

ordered one today off his ebay account, it saves you $10 compared to his website, ill get pics when it comes in. hopefully my car will be back from glass by the time it comes in and i can put it on real quick so everyone can get an idea what it looks like, the guy broke one of the side windows and has to order a new one now:sad3:

Thanks,Id like to see a photo or two with the new spoiler on . Sorry to hear about your broken widow.I hope the fix is better than new.

got the spoiler in. only took two days shipped from arizona to mass. very happy with it. quality is great, all the hardware, easy instrustions, matches my satin black perfect. thumbs up for this product, ill put it on and take some pics of it on the car if my car ever gets home from glass :(
newport012.jpg

I like mine, it is from MAS and received a lot of compliments. I've had it on my car for 3 years and have never had a problem. It's durable for weekend duty.

2007_0724July20070076.jpg

ya thats nice, just a little too big for my taste. i just wanted something simple that gives the front end a little better look

Please show some pics when you can joe440. Thanks for all photos by the way .

thread from the dead but heres the pics, its not bolted up or anything yet just hanging on but this about where its gonna be. the way the instructions say to do it wont work for some reason??? nothing is really different on the front end that wouldnt allow it to work the way it says but i just gotta make some different brackets
dodgedart110.jpg

dodgedart111.jpg

dodgedart112.jpg

Hey Joe can you take a side pic of the front end?
I want to see how far forward they sit.

Thanks man.

got it mounted and took it out for its first ride. i didnt end up using any of the brackets or bolts it came with cause none of it was fitting for some reason, everything is normal on my front end. so i put it on a little more of angle to get some good air coming in and bolted it my own my. i gotta say it made my car run at least 10 degrees cooler. the bumper takes up so much of the radiator so with all that air getting pushed up helped out a lot. glad i got it, just wish it woulda went on easier.

pics tomorrow

-
Back