[WANTED] Front Sport bench seat bottom springs.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73Duster6

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all,

A couple months ago I was driving down the road and went through a dip and when my weight came down on the seat I heard a snap and I sunk into the seat even more. Last weekend I finally pulled out the seat and found two of the front to back of frame springs had snapped at the second bend from the rear of the frame. I have looked around a little and have found nothing. Does anyone carry these new or does anyone have some good used ones I can buy? Thanks for looking.

Amazon carries the springs. You just have to cut to fit & weld in. Type in car seat springs in their search bar.

Car seat springs or any spring steel isn't welded. This high carbon tempered steel would just break at the weld. Notice your springs are mechanically fastened/clamped at the frame. A piece of sheet metal wrapped around them serves as a clamp in some examples. Try a local upholstery shop. They replace them, sometimes have to clamp a scab spring to the remants of original broken spring where the original has a angled front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back