front springs

-

edward9egan

Reaction score
does any body know how i would be able to tighten the front springs on a 1969 dodge dart

Please show a picture or explain. A-bodies don't have springs in the front suspension, just torsion bars and shocks. What exactly is the problem that needs tightened? Your only adjustments are ride height or adjustments that would effect alignment. If the front end bounces too much, most likely you need new shocks. If you are wanting to raise the ride height, you can tighten the torsion bar adjuster bolts which can be accessed from under the lower control arms.

its a problem with the front torsion bars. i think they are causing the alignment to be off cause i can see the wheels flared out. is there a way to tighten them.

Welcome

You need to find a alignment shop that "specializes" in alignment of old cars. I know the new guys might do pretty good job but try to find the older guys that know more about the old cars. The main thing they will need to check is to see if your car will hold alignment. If it has worn parts then there is no use aligning it.

Does the car look like someone has tried to lower "drop" the car?

If I had to guess where the problem is..
lower arm bushings worn out.
Have a alignment tech check all the parts.
Good luck

Welcome

You need to find a alignment shop that "specializes" in alignment of old cars. I know the new guys might do pretty good job but try to find the older guys that know more about the old cars. The main thing they will need to check is to see if your car will hold alignment. If it has worn parts then there is no use aligning it.

Does the car look like someone has tried to lower "drop" the car?

no it looks more worn out but i read some where that you can just tighten the torsion bars to fix it and just wanted to know if this was true

-
Back