Front Strut Conversion?

-

Chrono

Reaction score
Ok, so I wanted to talk about A body front suspension.
We've got a torsion bar set up, with the shock mounted to the lower a arm and inner fender.
I was toying with the idea of removing the torsion bars when I do the frame rail repairs and installing a custom coil over in place of each shock.
I'm sure I'd have to reinforce the shock tower, but would there be any other things I need to look out for?
Also thinking of doing a triangulated four link with a Wob bar as well (remove leaf springs and do either coil overs or a spring and shock setup).
The rear will be easier to do then the front (just takes a lot of fabrication and time)

Any ideas, suggestions, and pointers are welcome!

Qa-1 has come out with a bolt in four link coil over for the A body.Hemi Denny for the front.

If you want to keep it on the cheap side, magnumforce has a viking coilover kit w/ adapters for the upper eye. They also have a j-bar shock tower reinforcement, but there's a few different ways you can build it yourself, if you can bend tubing. If you use your stock lowers, you should reinforce them, weld the torsion bar adjuster solid, and drill and tap the pivot pin to retain the rear t-bar hex part of the arm. I recommend greasable pins w/ urethane or nylon bushings.

stop up sometime....you are ONLY 30 miles south of me (Findlay...off I-75, exit 161)

PM me for phone number

HemiDenny / HDK

-
Back