Front sway bar question

-

Southside

Reaction score
Well I have ordered a new front end and sway bar from PST and I will start tearing things off tomorrow. Of course as luck would have it I only have one tab (pass. side) for the sway bar on the lower control arm. So instead of looking all over and or waiting to get one for the driver's side I have been told to weld a tab instead. My question is has anyone done this and if so any tips? It looks like I need angle-iron about 1/8" for the job. I am interested in anyone's experience and satisfaction with their results.
Of course my family tip is ...don't blow up the garage before Christmas or I'll end up with only a tie for Christmas again.
I will check back later, thanks.

I made my own out of some square tubing cut an angle. I didn't like the bolt on mounts that came with the sway bars.

03_Kustom_CA_Mount_Tacked.JPG

that looks neat...i like the short spacer...i think if you were to upgrade to the later 73-up style disc brakes, you will not have caliper interference problems..

Well I have ordered a new front end and sway bar from PST and I will start tearing things off tomorrow. Of course as luck would have it I only have one tab (pass. side) for the sway bar on the lower control arm. So instead of looking all over and or waiting to get one for the driver's side I have been told to weld a tab instead. My question is has anyone done this and if so any tips? It looks like I need angle-iron about 1/8" for the job. I am interested in anyone's experience and satisfaction with their results.
Of course my family tip is ...don't blow up the garage before Christmas or I'll end up with only a tie for Christmas again.
I will check back later, thanks.

Buy the hotchkis sway bar tabs for $30/pr. Then place it so the drivers side hole is in a mirror image location of the pasenger hole: http://www.hotchkis.net/early_mopar_control_arm_bracket.html

early_mopar_control_arm_bracketproducts495promo_pic.jpg

-
Back