Front tires/rims '67 Barracuda

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
I like the ansons but I have a friend who has a pair on his car...

After doing a search...

It seems 15x7 with 4inch backspace will fit... Just ordered a pair from summit racing.

And a P225x60 is to big so I'm going to look for a pair of P215x60's.

Thanks, Should have done a search first.

I thought I would update this....
67 barracuda with '73 later disc brakes + 15x7 with 4inch backspace, P225x60x15

The above combonation does not clear the front of the wheel well....

I guess I need to try a set of P215x60's.

What is the diameter of the 225 you mounted.....I just started a similar thread w/15x7 ansens & F-60 Firestones that are just under 26" on my 64 Valiant....??????

Rickster

The fender opening on a Barracuda can be a bit tricky, it is not the same as your Valiant.

Some have ran 225s where others can't.

Thats re-assuring, I am hoping to pick a set up this weekend.

Just found a set of original 14x5.5's SBP here locally that are supposed to have been in storage for 25 years and perfect for $50......going to look at them tomorrow.....wish me luck....lol.....??????

Rickster

I thought I would update this....
67 barracuda with '73 later disc brakes + 15x7 with 4inch backspace, P225x60x15

The above combonation does not clear the front of the wheel well....

I guess I need to try a set of P215x60's.

I've fit 225/60/15 with 15x7 4.25" backspacing cop rims. But it is close. And the alignment settings can make a significant difference too. Running 3-4 degrees of caster helps. Still close though and prior collision or just factory tolerances change things too.

Like you said cars can be different. These arn't close at all. They hit pretty high in the fender "Front of the front fender".

I was hoping to find a set of 215's on craigslist. I just need a set of rollers for now.

Just found a set of original 14x5.5's SBP here locally that are supposed to have been in storage for 25 years and perfect for $50......going to look at them tomorrow.....wish me luck....lol.....??????

Rickster

So what did you find??

-
Back