Front To Rear Disc Brakes

-

KP

Reaction score
This maybe a dumb question but was wondering if it is possible to install front disc brakes on the rear?

If not guess I will have a nice disc brake setup 4-sale.

Thank You!

KP

The calipers for the front brakes have a much greater clamping pressure than rear calipers do at any given fluid pressure. So no, they won't work for the rear. The rotors are usually different also.

The calipers for the front brakes have a much greater clamping pressure than rear calipers do at any given fluid pressure. So no, they won't work for the rear. The rotors are usually different also.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whut?

For a limited time similar or same calipers to the 73 / later ones WERE used on the rear.

I run a Versailles (Lincoln) rear axle in mine, so 4x disc brakes.

Wow, I didn't know 4x disc brakes were even an option in the 70s. I've never seen a mopar in those years with that option. Anyway, I've serviced several 4 wheel dics brake cares over the years and the rear calipers always have smaller diameter pistons than the front. When you get to the anti-lock systems all bets are off.

There is a story about putting rear disk brakes from a jeep Grand Cherokee on a mopar rearend. I will look and see if I can find it

Almost anything can be done..

TSC makes a rear disc setup for our cars that uses mote carlo front calipers and Lincoln rotors. All you really need to buy from them is the brackets.

This maybe a dumb question but was wondering if it is possible to install front disc brakes on the rear?

If not guess I will have a nice disc brake setup 4-sale.

Thank You!

KP

are the small or large bolt pattern?

The bearing hub would need removed from the front rotors an machined to fit your axle registering hub. Be easier to buy a kit.

-
Back