Front wheel cylinder problems

-

Mckibben

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am working on a 67 barracuda with 10 front drum brakes. Ordered new wheel cylinders and got a set that are different and wont mount. The original ones I took off are a rectangle where they go through the backing plate. The ones they sent me are a oval type shape. I have looked all over the net but cant find ones like mine. Can anyone ID the one I have?? Maybe they are off a different car??
Thanks for any help I can get.

Attachments

• 38.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 106
sorry/read your messg to fast /gave you the wrong link//any casting #'S on them ?? //they almost have to be BENDIX units// I'd mic the inside//glass bead them and hone them in diesel fuel and get rebuild kits //IF you can't find them there are rebuild company's out there that will rebuild them and need be sleeve them my Dad had that done to his '41 international pick up

Yeah those are way uglier than the oval-bossed 10inchers.I've never seen those on a 67up A-body. Actually, I've never seen them at all on a Mopar. Maybe I'm not old enough.
Well if they're nines then that 'splains it.I just pitch those as fast as I can.

Well seems thgey are 10 1970 Dart wheel cylinders. I guess someone has changed them out at some point. Thanks for the help guys.

Why not rebuild them? The kits are like 3 bucks and you will still have an AMERICAN made casting, instead of some BS imported questionable metal.

Why not rebuild them? The kits are like 3 bucks and you will still have an AMERICAN made casting, instead of some BS imported questionable metal.

Yep. New Chinese made cylinders have tiny bleeder valves and crappy boots. Save what you have and rebuild them. Rockauto has rebuild kits. I know I had a heck of a time finding rebuild able cylinders. Finally got a set of complete drum backing plates and hardware that someone was just throwing out. Cost me shipping.

-
Back