Front window chrome?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I need front windshield chrome for my 67 Barracuda.Is 67-76 Dart chrome the same?

Thanks,Jim

First thing Jim is that I've heard that 67's didn't have the chrome trim at all, and instead had the gasketed locking strip. I know I've seen mentioned that people are retro-ing their 67 cars for the 68-9 chrome trim. I could be wrong on this and since Nella's car is a convertible it is not a good source of info for this, but I hope someone who knows will clear this up.

Second, I don't think that Dart and Barracuda trim is the same, but I do have a set of front chrome for a 68-9 Barracuda I will sell you cheep. Let me know if you are going this way and will need it and I'll save it for you. I would get an answer on the 67 chrome issue first though, as you will need to retro the studs or screw holes for the clips should the above condition be true!! Geof

First thing Jim is that I've heard that 67's didn't have the chrome trim at all, and instead had the gasketed locking strip. I know I've seen mentioned that people are retro-ing their 67 cars for the 68-9 chrome trim. I could be wrong on this and since Nella's car is a convertible it is not a good source of info for this, but I hope someone who knows will clear this up.

Second, I don't think that Dart and Barracuda trim is the same, but I do have a set of front chrome for a 68-9 Barracuda I will sell you cheep. Let me know if you are going this way and will need it and I'll save it for you. I would get an answer on the 67 chrome issue first though, as you will need to retro the studs or screw holes for the clips should the above condition be true!! Geof

You are right about the '67 trim Geof. I changed mine over to the 68-69 trim.

Attachments

• DSCF2328 (Medium).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 175
Thanks Tony for clearing that up. I think we can take that to the bank Jim!! Now, if you're gonna do the switch, let me know and I'll get the trim out and send you a couple pics!! Geof

Yes 67's did not come with the chrome.I want to convert mine,I think it looks so much better with the chrome.

Jim

You can buy the 67 chrome lockstrip for the front windshield, thats what I did.

For the conversion to 68+ you will need a new gasket and all the clips, plus the trim itself

Did you do your own change or have a body-shop or auto-glass shop do it for you ?

Drilled the holes, mounted the clips and installed the trim myself. Clips were mounted
before the window guy installed the new glass and rubber seal.

I think the layout was from another member here on the forum.

Here's the layout for the clips if anyone needs them.

Attachments

• FrontWindowClips (Medium).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 108
  • RearWindowClips (Medium).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 105
Never to old to learn :burnout: Thank you all for being here I never knew this myself :cheers:
cosgig, Tony Fields, moparclown, pauly v.100 and river rat yall are a few of many that rock this great site
Oscar Award thread here
Our would it be a Tony Award :-k

Attachments

• Gift's in life 11 28 2011 005.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 86
-
Back