-
Status
Not open for further replies.

37fleetwood

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I thought I had a few photos of the car but I don't. I'll add them later.
it's a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner hard top
green with black interior
power steering power disc brakes.
383 4speed has 8 3/4 rear build sheet says possible Dana
non matching number 1968 383 and 4 speed
new seat covers carpet, headliner.
comes with a flat Belvedere hood and the windshield is cracked
I don't think there is anything else missing
California 3 owner Car with no rust.
needs paint and assembled.
if I'm forgetting anything ask
the car is located in Lancaster California just north of Los Angeles.
feel free to make an offer.

OK, it's not real pretty right now but you won't find a nicer starting point. this is just the body and some of the stuff that's with it. there are many more parts that go with it. basically everything is there. there are better pieces of some of the parts in the car that go with.
I want to point out that there was a little bit of bodywork done on the driver rear quarter, and a bit of surface rust on the trunk floor. I have a photo of the rear quarter before the work for anyone who wants it. (I just have to find it)
feel free to ask any questions, and anyone interested can come out and look it over in person.
thanks for looking!
15dl3xs.jpg

ieqbnd.jpg

2vv17vn.jpg

2ztayza.jpg

femf51.jpg

2mhh9j5.jpg

23jojnl.jpg

mcx34o.jpg

fyhegp.jpg

2w4n3ig.jpg

2lwaycn.jpg

2cscilt.jpg

2zyhixc.jpg

29pyz2v.jpg

2ihum55.jpg

2uszqq0.jpg

i love 68 RR's i purchased this one about 5 years ago for 18.5 and the market now is a bit lower. good luck with the sale !

68 RR 383 4-speed (43) (640x480).jpg

68 RR 383 4-speed (27).jpg

68 RR 383 4-speed (35).jpg

68 RR 383 4-speed (46).jpg

one point of contention that was brought up elsewhere was whether the car is a Dana car. I wanted to clear this up. as I understand it several 4speed Dana cars are known and it's not totally impossible that this car had one. here is what I have, you decide.
2qmna5t.jpg

2ah5lhg.jpg

20ggm0.jpg

2cglw80.jpg

Hi, just lowered the asking price a bit. also wanted to ad that I can't do any trades, this car needs to go to pay for a 1963 High compression Max Wedge Polara.
anyway new price $15,000.00 obo feel free to make an offer it needs to go.
anyone serious and close by should come out and look at the car and boxes and boxes of new stuff that can go with it.

is the 8 3/4 a posi? what center is in it 742/741/489?
I'll have to check it out and get back to you. I just assumed that being a Dana car whoever got it would probably try to go back to the 3.54:1 posi.
I'm going to guess that is has the stock rear out of a '70 Satellite. sadly the guy had one and that's where the Dana went.

The story is his sister bought the car new and in the mid '80s decided she didn't want it any more so she called her brother who picked up the car. he pulled the original 383 since it was tired (remember in the '80's no one was worried about numbers matching) and was going to put something else in it. he never got around to doing anything with the car except losing the hood and he put the Dana under his Satellite. The car sat in his garage until a couple years ago when it was sanded and the basic body work was done and the car was once again left alone, this time outside. Luckily out here it doesn't rain much so what you see will clean off really easy. the hood and Dana are long gone and the 383 he swears is the original one is a '69 and the numbers don't match.
this guy has hunted down and bought, sometimes several, of any pieces that were scratched or damaged in any way. I'm not kidding, there are like 10 radio plates and 5 or 6 instrument clusters. everything is here. most of it in Mopar bags NOS.
if you've looked at any of my posts you can understand when I say my Dad got the car and went out in his stash and found a 1968 383 and 4 speed from the pile of 20 or so 383's out there. the engine will need rebuilding, or I suppose you could have the '69 383 (one theory is the car was damaged when new and a '69 383 installed before it sold as brand new, she bought it in December '68, the other is that the brother doesn't remember correctly and the '69 383 is from something else)
offers can include all the parts or to lower the price you can only take enough to build the car. it's up to you.

Good looking project, but like the one guy said, the market is down and you can get a super nice restored runner for $19,000...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back