-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparker

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
A friend of mine asked me to put this on here for him. I don't have any pics. It is red w/black interior with console. It is numbers matching. No rust. It has some dings here and there. It has some original paint. One tear in the drivers seat. The trunk panel is messed up a little around the lock. It has small bolt rallies with cone centers. It runs,drives and stops. It has a 410 gear in the back. It needs a resto but is very nice as is. He has the original intake for it. The air cleaner,carb and radio are gone. It has aftermarket stereo in it. His name is George. He is Akron Ohio. The price is 20,000.00 firm.

I told him this. I can't make it over there til Sat. to take pics. He's not computer savvy. It's actully his sons car. Just trying to help abuddy.

Here's the pics.

004 - Copy (4).jpg

003 - Copy.jpg

005 - Copy (4).jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

006 - Copy.jpg

010 - Copy.jpg

011 - Copy.jpg

012.jpg

Would you have a pic of the fender tag?

#'s matching??..so. it has the factory, originally installed engine, trans and rear end?

Bodywork???...filler???....rust????

Thanks.

I did not take a pic of the fender tag. Yes it is all numbers matching. As far as I know no body filler. There is a ding or two. PM me for the sellers phone number.

I don't think they had vin stamps on anything in 67. So, can't really have numbers matching. Casting dates would need to be checked and they would have to jive with the build date (found on the fender tag). I don't see a fender tag in the pic but it may be out of view.

If he is serious about selling pics of the fender tag and/or build sheet along with pics of casting dates would sure help.

If anyone needs the fender tag info PM me for his phone number and he can read id to you. Like I said he is not computer savvy. I don't have a lot if time to run over and take pics. I was in the neighbor hood today and thought I would take some pics to help him out. This is not a bogus car. They've owned it for 24 years. Been garaged and driven very little. It is the original driveline.

There were 67 darts with 383's. limited amount, don't know the #'s made, but they made them. Wasn't the vin tag on the inside of drivers door in 67 models? Seems really clean and original. the #'s on the drivetrain are a little hard to follow in those early years.

It is really clean. It is really solid. I think your right about the vin being in the door.

The casting date would have to be prior to the build date, obviously, but it could be months before the car was assembled. The date stamped on the pad below the distributor should be close to the 'shipping date' on the fender tag- but keep in mind that the 'shipping date' on the fender tag was a scheduled shipping date, and may not be the actual shipping date. The tags were made before the car was built, so it could have been shipped prior to that, the same day, or after.
The pad should have C 383, with the month day stamped below it.
Yes, vin in the front driver door jamb.

There were 67 darts with 383's. limited amount, don't know the #'s made, but they made them. Wasn't the vin tag on the inside of drivers door in 67 models? Seems really clean and original. the #'s on the drivetrain are a little hard to follow in those early years.

I've done some research on the 67 383 GTS as I'm helping a friend of mine restore one now. They made 457 total in 67 . 228 were 727 auto, 229 with 4sd. From the photos and if the casting dates are in line and is a legitt 67 383 GTS, this is a good buy.

I have a 67 GTS I bought new in May 1967. Should be a fender tag next to battery and vin is just above dome light switch left door, Joe

I don't think they had vin stamps on anything in 67. So, can't really have numbers matching. Casting dates would need to be checked and they would have to jive with the build date (found on the fender tag). I don't see a fender tag in the pic but it may be out of view.

If he is serious about selling pics of the fender tag and/or build sheet along with pics of casting dates would sure help.

Yes there were Vin tags in 1967 Darts, on the drivers side. Here is mine in the pic.

DSC03049.jpg

Yes there were Vin tags in 1967 Darts, on the drivers side. Here is mine in the pic.

I think 1968FormulaS340 was referring to VIN numbers being stamped on the engine, trans and rearend. I think that didnt start 'til 1968?...or '69.

Thanks for the PM, moparker.

My friend is retired so if anyone needs more info I'll get you his phone number and you can call anytime during the day and early evening.

Anyone know what's with these hole plugs in these locations? Don't have them on mine and never seen them on a stock Dart before......

RedGTS'67-1-A.JPG

RedGTS'67-2.jpg-A.JPG

Yup years ago that was a rust proofing that was commonly done. They would drill holes to spray the rust proofing in then used cap plugs to cover the holes. Ziebart was one of the Brand names used back then. It was a good thing, I bet that car is pretty rust free.

Man where were you when My friend bought the 67 GTS 383 off another ex member that he got royally screwed on. I would have made him buy this one. So far we have 1 yr into it and about 45K dedicated to it and its a looooooooong way from being done. Folks this is a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back