fuel cell follies

-

hemifish69

Dain bramaged Hemi freak
Reaction score
My car is a project that has no defined end state, so it's turning into some Frankenstein in-between sort of ride.

Case in point : I wanted 3" exhaust out the back in order to license it for the street.

There isn't enough room for that and the stock gas tank. so the trunk mount battery will now share room with a fuel cell.

Problem is, fastback cudas don't have much room, and I want range.
Another problem : don't order 20 gallon fuel cells from Jegs when you've been drinking white Russians.
it wont fit, and the sump will be on the passenger side.

Pics of the fun to follow.

Not really, and right side sumps only work in NASCAR.

Attachments

• 2013-09-08 06.11.06a2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 150
Here's a center rear sump starting.

Attachments

• 2013-09-08 06.13.33c1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 138
Aaaaaand, I almost forgot. The front wall of the cell had to change shape if the plywood door to the passenger compartment is going back in.

Attachments

• 2013-09-08 06.14.35d1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 142
In the previous photo, the cell is upside down. And don't worry. A .050 aluminum firewall is going in between the trunk and the rest of the car.

Also, the steel strap hold-down kit is going in too.

As long as I put such a huge-a$$ hole in the tank, the foam came out, and I'm going to put in baffle plates.

Any pics of fastback trunk firewalls would be appreciated. I'm having trouble visualizing a firewall that seals all the way across and still allows me to use the stock hinges for the trunk lid

-
Back