Fuel cell install questions(pictures of members fuel cells)

-
Yes, the bulkheads have been showing up in more and more regs in the last dozen years. Rally sanctioning body rules added that about 10-15 years ago. It's all the things that can get busted in a wreck that is the problem...10 seconds of separation from the fire can make all the difference.

The circle track crowd has the same bulkhead regs. It's not a bad idea when you think about it. More than one occasion i can think of, crew guy in a hurry fuels the fuel cell, neglects to replace the cap. Smells pretty bad in the driver's compartment without that bulkhead, hard to clean up too, crawling through roll bars and such. Not a bad idea to run the vent to the outside either.
F**k the smell, I'm thinking open cell+fire means steel barrier between Me & it = GOOD!!!

I neglected to mention, there is some fine craftsmanship in those installation photos. Safety has come a long way in all forms of motorsports. Some of those ideas should spill over to our hobby. Safety I learned in Off Road Racing kept my body in one piece for 40 years of heavy equipment operating. All about the fun baybee.

-
Back