Fuel cell vent/tip over valve?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220020/

Is anyone using one of these?

I was wondering if it just screws in the top of your fuel cell or do you have to mount it up high or what?

I am yanking the foam out of my fuel cell because it's deteriorating and trashing my fuel system and am concerned about fuel sloshing around.

I have a vent line but was wondering if this little do-dad will do the trick as a vent and a flap if fuel splashes upward.

It say's it is 8-an but has no details on where to put it.

This is my current vent line on the right rear.
I was thinking of replacing it with this thing if I could.

barracudatrunk-3.jpg

Update.

I drained the fuel out of the cell and threw away the foam blocks which seemed to be in pretty good shape but not taking any more chances since I found alot of it in my fuel filter.

One thing you guys should consider when buying a new aluminum fuel cell is to take the foam blocks out and inspect the cell for aluminum drill shavings as my sump area had about as much shavings as you could fit into a screw on Pepsi bottle cap.

I guess when they drilled the bung holes and cut the sump they never cleaned it out well after they welded it up and threw the foam right over top of it all, nice huh.

I replaced my Jegs electric pump with a Holley HP-125 gerotor pump which is amazingly quiet and internally regulated at around 6.5-7 PSI.

No more noisy pump that is almost as loud as the engine.

I just have to make a different vent hose with an upward coil, inline filter and check valve.

I have that same cell and the anti-rollover valve is already in the right (passengers side) vent connection. Cap the left side unless you want to use it for a fuel return and then to vent, use some 3/8 inch tube and come out of the right side and up about 8-10 inches, make a double loop and then bring it down thru the trunk floor (to keep fumes out of car). The rise and loop will keep any fuel from sloshing out if you fill it to the brim. You are right about the aluminum shavings. Mine was the same way. I'm actually on my second cell now since the first seeped fuel at the welds on the right front lower corner. Kept wondering where the smell was coming from and then noticed that it was damp on that corner. Sure as heck it was weeping fuel. Was only about 4 months old at the time so I called Summit and they sent out a replacement. No arguement or anything so I can assume that its a common problem.

-
Back