Fuel fittings

-

mechanic190

Reaction score
I'm curious. I work at a heavy duty truck dealership and we use the plastic fuel/air lines and compression fittings all the time. Now I'm trying to plumb in my drag race fuel system with 1/2 aluminum tubing for fuel line. Is there any reason I couldn't use brass 1/2 compression fittings with the 1/2" aluminum fuel line?

nope - none that I can think of.. except for weight - I wonder if there is a sanctioning body rule though.. best to read your rule book first.. hell, go with black aluminum and brass fittings - be dang cool looking

That would be sweet looking but I already have the natural aluminum tube and only a couple an fittings and on a budget lol

I used them to adapt mine to AN, been on for several years with no issue.

Alright great to know. I am probably only gonna run an from the cell and the rest will be compression fittings and then regulator to carb will be an. That'll save a lot of money compared to buying new an fittings for every connection at fuel pump filter regulator ect.

Is there any reason I couldn't use brass 1/2 compression fittings with the 1/2" aluminum fuel line?

Link to specific example?

Because there are MANY types of compression fittings, and MOST of them I would NOT use on fuel, most especially aluminum.

Don't have a link but I'm talking about the ones that you can get from Napa heavy duty. Trucks use them with air lines and fuel lines

Update *** she works no leaks. Spent 45 dollars in brass compression fittings to pipe thread. 7.50 average between 6 fittings. Easier than flaring tubing to fit the an or buying an fittings and then the adapters from tube to an that use the same compression fittings anyway

-
Back