Fuel Guage ??

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
OK, tried putting in a new fuel gauge, having wiring checked, and still the gauge doesn't read properly. WTF This has been checked out by a reputable person, NOT me, and we're still not coming up with any answers. Just picked the car up today after having the 6pak intake installed. Knowing my gauge is goofy, and was at the time sitting on E, I stopped to top the tank off to be sure I made it the 30 minute drive home ! A whole 4.8 gals to fill her up and register full ! We tried 2 BRAND NEW GAUGES and still not registering right, any ideas ? :banghead: Ohms were checked before installation, one extra gauge that I had laying around from my /6 project actually read opposite on the ohms, but we are just lost on where to go from here ! Open to any and all ideas or suggestions !!

OK, tried putting in a new fuel gauge, having wiring checked, and still the gauge doesn't read properly. WTF This has been checked out by a reputable person, NOT me, and we're still not coming up with any answers. Just picked the car up today after having the 6pak intake installed. Knowing my gauge is goofy, and was at the time sitting on E, I stopped to top the tank off to be sure I made it the 30 minute drive home ! A whole 4.8 gals to fill her up and register full ! We tried 2 BRAND NEW GAUGES and still not registering right, any ideas ? :banghead: Ohms were checked before installation, one extra gauge that I had laying around from my /6 project actually read opposite on the ohms, but we are just lost on where to go from here ! Open to any and all ideas or suggestions !!

I put a new ebay fuel sender-p/u in the tank,w/ an afertmarket cheap gauge. stumbled across a amp limiter (regulator)on ebay, was cheap also, gas gauge works like a charm!:cheers:

is this a regular or ralley dash and what voltage limiter are you using? aftermarket sending units are hit or miss .

Had a simular problem with my duster when bought when full it read empty and when empty it read full.
check ohms all read ok turnsed out guage (aftermarket) was to for for a GM vehicle
found gauges read as follows
GM 0 ohms when empty 90 when ful
ford / Chrysler 73 empty 10 full
AMC / S/W 240 empty 33 full

once i had this i was able to narrow it down to the type of guage hope it helps

-
Back