Fuel Injection Fuel Pumps

-

fig

Reaction score
What have you done to put a fuel injection fuel pump on your car. Not a race car by any stretch, just stock volume would work.

What I see the options for a stock fuel tank are:

1) Put a sump on the bottom in the rear and run an external pump. How noisy are external pumps, like a holley?

2) Something like a Tanks Inc pump on the top of the tank, the issue I see with this is I would have to recess a area to install it so the pump would clear the floor in the trunk. I could space down the tank for a little more clearance.

3) What about making a in-tank pump attach to the factory pickup? Would I need to put a small sump to recess the pick-up in?

I Don't really want to purchase a new tank, unless someone is making a stock tank with the pump built in.

Suggestions?? This is for a 66 Dart.

Let me apologize if there are typos, I had eye surgery and can't see for crap :violent1:

Thanks,
Allen

The in tank pump that we'd installed in our Roadrunner attached to the original tank pick up. We did have to cut an access hole in the top of the tank to do the install but we had an extra (old tank) around that we used to make the removable cover patch. No extra sump was necessary. The setup we had was from FAST and included the necessary fittings for things such as wiring connectors that sealed without leaking.

External pump on frame rail in engine bay, on all 3 of my 60's Mopars (search my posts). A Walbro, Ford Truck, and Euro-style Walbro. Most vendors say it won't work there, but works fine. A sump would be nicer, especially on my C-body with its long shallow tank that sloshes easily. You can find external sumps on e-bay cheap (just started showing up I think). Some mount the EFI pump inside the sump. Can also buy from racing vendors for much, much more.

-
Back