Fuel Injection Questons

-

roccodart440

Reaction score
I am considering going to fuel injection. I really need a different carb, and in lieu of that price, I am considering FI as an option as well.

I am only considering tuneable, multi port injection.

So far I have looked at F.A.S.T.. I know Edelbrock offer MPI as well.

If you guys have any suggestions or first hand experience, it would be most appreciated.

I am considering going to fuel injection. I really need a different carb, and in lieu of that price, I am considering FI as an option as well.

If you guys have any suggestions or first hand experience, it would be most appreciated.
Those Holley Terminators/Dominators are hard to beat since they have so much tuneability.

Not to hijack but what about Hilborn mechanical injection? Although I believe that is really a race only thing as there isn't much streetability in that set up. Although I have no personal experience with them at all.

Those Holley Terminators/Dominators are hard to beat since they have so much tuneability.
Agree. Holley Sniper/Terminator user here. Data logging is a really helpful tool as is the ability to build your own tune. If you’re willing to use a laptop to make adjustments after the initial set up the Holley software is very good.

Sniper has limited features and I don’t believe it’s even available for a MP application. It’s really more of an entry-level system for replacing a carb anyway. The Sniper ECU is in the throttle body.

For MP you should probably look at the Terminator or Terminator X. It’s more advanced than the Sniper as far as options and having the ability to add things. Plus, the ECU is separate from the TB which is a good thing. The Doninator is even more advanced and can do all sorts of things if that’s your goal..

Lots if guys seem to be exploring EFI these days.

my Dart is just a cruiser but put a Fitech system on 2 years ago and its just easy to drive. So easy to just jump in and go row gears. a buddy put a sniper system on a BBC with 575hp/600+tq and loves it and made his ride a different car. that all said if youre running the HP for 10's then i would suggest jsut getting on the phone and call the companies for options. I called Holley when researching putting a computer controlled distributor in mine and they had good support. good luck and enjoy it.

Holley

END THREAD!!

Yup. Holley has all the support, longevity, and customer service. I'm sure Edelbrock's system can work, but read up on other's experiences with it and you'll see a lack of support and help from Edelbrock. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with the company, but there seems to be a lack of depth to their experience.
Holley has put massive amounts of effort behind their sniper/terminator/dominator systems and there's going to be a much deeper well of experience with those systems in almost every tuner and car community you find.
FAST is part of the comp performance group, which is now owend by Edelbrock. Who knows which 'brand' is going to get to keep their EFI in the long run, but it seems a riskier system to invest in as a result - but that's just a guess.

If you want a quick and inexpensive option, I'd recommend going with the Holley Sniper. Their software is easy and the small touch screen that comes with it is easy to navigate. I also recommend this option if you aren't familiar with EFI.
Now if you have to have direct port, prepare to spend more money and I don't think you will see a gain in performance. I made my entire port injection setup, but I like to tinker with electronics.

efi.jpg

I installed Edelbrocks Pro-flo 4 in my Demon in the spring and it's been running great.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the EFI offerings.

-
Back