Fuel Leak HELP!

-

Demon 408

Reaction score
I have a leak at my accelerator pumps, but only when the engine is off and car sits for a while. It doesn't leak a lot, more like a drip, but does cause some minor staining on the intake under the accelerator pumps. Here's the set up, new Pro Systems 950 Holley with mechanical fuel pump from FBO. The carb only has about 350 miles on it.

There is only one fix my friend take it off,maybe those 4 screwssss are loose or the gasket is bad.

diaphrams most likely, easy to find new ones at most auto parts stores and can buy them seperate, I would change both, dont over tighten the screws but do tighten them up evenly and not one at a time. You will need to readjust the accelerator pump arm.

Can't beleive they're bad after only 350 miles. But they are fairly inexpensive to replace so it's worth a try.

What type of gas u running most gas has additives that are not so friendly.Mine has about the same drips as you,light brownish on my intake.I will pop my carb of this winter and change the Gasket.Good luck.

I know it's been a while since I posted in this thread but I found the problem, and it's not what I thought. I replaced gaskets on accelerator pumps, fuel bowls and metering blocks. Still had this annoying dripping onto the intake, very small but still annoying.

Found the problem, it was the small plugs in the bottom of the metering block (see pictures). I tapped them in with a punch (very slight amount) and applied Permatex gas tank sealer (again, very small amount) over the plugs.

Hope this helps someone else out…

Attachments

• IMG_1823.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1835.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 66
-
Back