Fuel line cost

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Just went to Oreillys for 3 feet of 3/8 fuel line. 15 dollars and change,told them to keep it. Has it went up that much?. Seems not long ago it was a couple bucks a foot. Thats crazy. I can probably order braided cheaper.

WOW! Did they by chance charge you for fuel injection line instead of regular fuel line? That is still a awful lot for 3/8 line no matter what!

I just changed fuel pump out and bought about 3 feet of 3/8 line at auto zone was about 6 bucks

Well when I told them that was crazy they didnt offer anything else. Guess they thought they had a sucker on the line. I found a 25' roll on amazon for 19 dollars shipped,2 day shipping.Guess i,m gonna keep some extra.

Guess i,m gonna keep some extra.

It'll come in handy. With all the ethanol crap in our gas today it dries out conventional fuel line real fast. When I was a kid fuel line would last 10+ yrs. Now your lucky if it lasts 2 yrs before it's hard as a rock

alot of places will not carry the regular fuel hose any more only the EFI stuff and oriely's is one of those places

It also could be the nee green stuff that Gates makes we sell all three at Car Quest.regular, green, and fuel injection.

Isn't a lot of areas in Texas now where you can get nothing but ethanol gas? I had some of that crap literally turn the inside of a regular fuel line soft and almost jelly when it had set about a month.

It also could be the nee green stuff that Gates makes we sell all three at Car Quest.regular, green, and fuel injection.

What is the Gates green stuff you refer too? I bought some fuel line at NAPA a couple yrs ago, I think it was Gates and had something about green on it but memory isn't great so I may be mistaken. They charged me $5 a foot for it and told me it'd stand up to ethanol but it didn't. Did exactly what Oklacarcollector described. Turned to jelly inside within a month. Ever heard of that? Thanks

Sorry to get off track with your thread Pete

-
Back