fuel line?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
got a couple of s/6 dusters, the factoru fuel line from fuel pump, shouldn't it be held down with a clip somewhere???

Is your line coming from the gas tank? On my '65 Dart there were several clips and a hole in a cross member (K-member?) keeping the fuel line in place as it went to the fuel pump.

Glenn

Is your line coming from the gas tank? On my '65 Dart there were several clips and a hole in a cross member (K-member?) keeping the fuel line in place as it went to the fuel pump.

Glenn

"from fuel pump"

I am on my phone, so can't add a pic right now. Look at the engine pic from a few days ago in my build thread to see the clip

thanks I figured must be clip at water pump or near that, sure puts heat to fuel line there ! LOL thanks

I followed lots of advice over at slantsix.org and replaced the old solid fuel line with soft lines that route over the valve cover instead of the block. Starts REALLY easy on hot days after stopping for a bit. Previously it would sometimes take some time as the fuel had boiled out.

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15778

That has the specifics to what you need on the carb side and the fuel pump side.

thanks for the info. hate it when it gets too hot to start, even embarrassing!!?? LOLi if we had better gas it woiuldn't have this problem so bad!

Yes, do the slantsix.org fuel line mod and don't worry about how the factory did it (unless you are restoring to factory appearance).

I used the fuel line mod, spark plug, cap and rotor recommendations from slantsix.org on my wife's 73 the first week we had the car.

The above mods add up to easy starting and incredibly smooth and consistent running.

Yes, do the slantsix.org fuel line mod and don't worry about how the factory did it (unless you are restoring to factory appearance).

I used the fuel line mod, spark plug, cap and rotor recommendations from slantsix.org on my wife's 73 the first week we had the car.

The above mods add up to easy starting and incredibly smooth and consistent running.

yep fuel line mod, make sure the spacer is under the carb
Standard Blue streak CH410 cap with brass contacts
NGK ZFR5N 3459 Plugs .037 on stock ignition, .045 with 12v hotter coil
Ebay 8.5mm wires are great, fit well, last a long time even in the sun

Attachments

• 100_5811.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 136
-
Back