Fuel needs

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
I need a reccomendation for a mechanical fuel pump. My Eddy flows enough, but pressure on the dyno drops to just over 4psi after 4500RPM. I know there's a Carter, but can't seem to find the one that DOESN'T need a regulator.

Any thoughts?

Fuel !! I need Fuel !! !! Please tell us what you are working on!!

When you say on the Dyno, is the engine on a stand or in the car? That could rule out a lot of issues.

If it doesnt go lean,How is it an issue? You didnt say it went lean. As long as its putting out the volume, 4psi shouldnt be an issue. Do a volume test and make sure it delivers enough fuel for your horsepower level. If its good; fugetabowdit.
Oops, for a streeter, fugetabowdit. Youre almost never at WOT for more than a few seconds at a time.

the Holley doesn't need a regulator but I don't know about the pressure drop off thing , I'll have to go out tomorrow and run her up to 4500 to see if it drops or not .

On an engine dyno. And, no. It's not going lean, but Holley tells me I'm leaving power on the table if I'm under 6PSI. I've seen a Valiant pick up 3 tenths after the dude adjusted his regulator. Granted, was running a Dominator, but still.....3 tenths from 4PSI to 7.

I think I found the Carter pump. One was discontinued and another part number took it's place.

My internally regulated Carter pump decided to stop regulating and started putting out 12 PSI so you might want to check it from time to time , mine was only 3 years old or so before it started acting up . I just installed the Holley last week because I hate seeing that regulator under the hood . It's pouring here today so I didn't get a chance to any testing at high revs , maybe tomorrow when the sun comes back out .

-
Back