Fuel Pressure Gauge ?

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a Carter mechanical pump M6270. On my fuel pressure gauge it used to read 7 1/2. Now it reads up to 9 1/2 to 10. I have another Carter pump and switched them. Still the same. It's not pushing the needles off their seat. Idles with no problems. Is my gauge on it's way out? It's quite a few years old. Is it time for a new one.

Fred B

See, now, that's exactly why, I have no aftermarket guages on my car except a small tach.Just too much to worry about.
I have that same pump on my street-367.It's been on there since 1999. I have no idea what pressure it puts out. And I don't care.
It doesn't flood the bowls, and the engine doesn't lay down on the big end. That's all I need to know.

I just wanna drive my car. If it quits, I'll call a tow-truck.

See, now, that's exactly why, I have no aftermarket guages on my car except a small tach.Just too much to worry about.
I have that same pump on my street-367.It's been on there since 1999. I have no idea what pressure it puts out. And I don't care.
It doesn't flood the bowls, and the engine doesn't lay down on the big end. That's all I need to know.

I just wanna drive my car. If it quits, I'll call a tow-truck.

You`re kidding right? Just like on nos, fuel pressure is part of the "tuning" and has an influence of how quick the float reacts and less pressure (in holleys) and a bigger N&S can keep foaming and aeration down giving you more fuel instead of fuel and air...........That`s the boosters and emulsion circuits jub........

I kid you not..

I'm a streeter. My engine spends most of it's life between idle and 3500. There is absolutely no time ever that one bowlful cannot get me to 3500 under load, at least once.If it get's there twice in a row, I don't care if it's 5 or 7 or 9psi, I will be driving my car today.
Furthermore, one 1st gear romp to redline for a 400hp engine @ 1/2 pound per hp per hour, might require 4seconds, and about .22 pound or less of fuel. At 6pounds per Usg, this works out to 7.1 ozUs. Take a guess how much fuel sits in the bowls of a 750DP.

I kid you not..

I'm a streeter. My engine spends most of it's life between idle and 3500. There is absolutely no time ever that one bowlful cannot get me to 3500 under load, at least once.If it get's there twice in a row, I don't care if it's 5 or 7 or 9psi, I will be driving my car today.
Furthermore, one 1st gear romp to redline for a 400hp engine @ 1/2 pound per hp per hour, might require 4seconds, and about .22 pound or less of fuel. At 6pounds per Usg, this works out to 7.1 ozUs. Take a guess how much fuel sits in the bowls of a 750DP.

Two different animals, but ok then................

-
Back