Fuel Pump Vent?

-

1970Dart198

Reaction score
After writing a recent thread on my 1970 ECS equipped car, I read in the factory service manual of a hose going from the bowl vent to a fitting on the Fuel Pump.

After searching the internet far and wide and making a few calls, it has come to my conclusion that the fuel pumps with the built in nipple for ECS are no longer produced/ stocked in warehouses.

I found a few NOS pumps for roughly $75, versus roughly $20 for the Carter pump when it was available before going out of stock.

With my ever growing interest in 60's and 70's car technology, I would like to restore the system to its full potential, versus having gas vapors escape directly under the hood.

Any thoughts? It seems like a fun project that will hopefully in the end save gas and increase mileage.

I would go around on the NOS parts sites and ask, and keep an eye out in general. There is some odd stuff that pops up now and then; this pump would be one of those. I found a NOS Carter (in the original acid-eaten box!) for my early 60's /6 on eBay for $20....

-
Back