fuel regulator question

-

polarbytes

Alaska gold Dart
Reaction score
OK, this is probably such a noob question you pro types are going to roll your eyes; but, I was recently given a brand new aeromotive A1000 regulator but this is the one used for fuel injection and I have a carb engine. Can I still use this reg? Do I just plumb the line from the electric pump into one of the side ports and then run a line out from the other side port to the carb? Return line is on the bottom. What do I do with the boost vacuum port? Plug it off?
As always, thanks in advance for your tolerance.

Look up the part number. FI regulators usually have a much higher pressure regulating range 25+ than a carb piece 3-15.

I am sure somebody would want it. You should be able to sell it and get the correct one you need.

OK, this is probably such a noob question you pro types are going to roll your eyes; but, I was recently given a brand new aeromotive A1000 regulator but this is the one used for fuel injection and I have a carb engine. Can I still use this reg? Do I just plumb the line from the electric pump into one of the side ports and then run a line out from the other side port to the carb? Return line is on the bottom. What do I do with the boost vacuum port? Plug it off?
As always, thanks in advance for your tolerance.

Some A1000 are made for carbs, some are made for fuel injection. You need to get the real p/n from it and look it up. Also, they make a "return" style and a normal style. The only thing that can be answered right now, with any degree of accuracy is that the boost port should be plugged.

Many thanks for the info guys. I got a very nice reply from the tech guys at Aeromotive saying basically the same thing as jimjimjimmy, but advising me to go ahead and get a reg. designed for carb engines. I have a waldpro pump and so I just ordered the Aero reg. the tech guy recommended. FABO comes through again. You just can't beat the level of expertise on this forum!!

-
Back