Fuel sending unit/gauge issue? Wrong sending unit?

-

Ahatchett

Reaction score
So this has been a problem for a few years. But since the engine rebuild I've been driving the Duster a lot more. The fuel gauge reads the top 4 or 5 gallons in the tank then reads empty after that. I actually never knew it was doing it because the grounding strap was broken but i made a new one and found out about it. What is wrong? wrong sending unit?

Well, some or all of that Do a search, there are dozens of posts on this. Start by running over to My Mopar and downloading a service manual, free.

Then take some measurements with various levels of "known" amounts of fuel in the tank. The old factory gauge/ sender tester was a simple box with 3 resistors. About 74 ohms brought the gauge to the empty pin (cold for temp), and about 23 ohms brought the gauge to the 1/2 way point. Somewhere around 10-12 ohms brought the gauge to the full / hot mark. ..........and go from there

We've discussed on here, that repop senders are junk. They are nowhere near the same as factory senders

Thanks!
Yeah I figured it was the crap sender. I didn't find this issue when I searched so I went ahead and posted.

-
Back