Fuel Sending Unit Help!

-

71' Swinger

Reaction score
Hey guys...I have a 71' Dart Swinger. When I bought it the fuel gauge in the dash did not register, about two days after the purchase I filled the tanked hopped in and starter her up and the gauge registered all the way to full. Seeing this I realized or assumed there was nothing wrong with the gauge, it was most likely that the sending unit had issues. So I pitched a new one online and hooked it up before putting it in the tank and it worked, so I went ahead and installed it into the tank and strapped the tank back in; now the damn gauge isn't working again! I'm think maybe a bad ground? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Anyone know how to test it without dropping the tank again?

Thanx

Make sure the tank is grounded to the frame also. My new tank and sending unit would not work unless I grounded the tank to the frame with a homemade ground strap.

There should be a ground jumper over the short rubber fuel line that completed the ground path from sender to chassis. Without it the sender is isolated by that hose and the rubber seal.

-
Back