Fuel Separation Systems

-
Does anyone here own a diesel vehicle? I am just wondering if you guys have any experience with fuel separation systems like Fass Fuel? What are its benefits?

I have a 2007 CTD with over 260,000 miles. I've never had water in my fuel system that required one of those aftermarket systems. I lived in Yakima, WA before moving to Arizona. The climate there is similar to that of Vegas. Hot and dry in the summer months and in winter cold nights and warms days with the occasional cold spell. If you lived in a climate that was humid and wet then yes, I could see the benefit. Best test is to get an engine oil analysis done, one just before a scheduled oil change and a second one with 1500 miles on the fresh oil change. Do this in the winder when the weather is cold and damp. You'll see if you are collecting excessive water in your fuel. Also, where you get your fuel is important. If they have leaky tanks you'll see water in your system. All I do is change my fuel filter twice a year, once before winter and again in the spring

Fuel collects water, I have another system on my 2002 Dodge Cummins. I keep a couple extra filters in the truck. Nice to have if you get some water from a station on the road. Helps with keeping the main fuel filter cleaner, and lasting longer. I do use the FASS fuel pumps though, have had very good luck with them. I have the DDRP.

-
Back