Fuel system schematic

-
The factory manual should have something but it's a pretty simple system that year. Basically, it starts in the gas tank with a sock filter on the inlet of the sending unit. Fuel passes through that and then though the steel sender tube up and out of the tank to a hose connection. Then on to another steel line that winds it's way up the RH frame rail to another hose connection by the fuel pump. After that, fuel goes into the pump and out through another steel line up to another hose connection, through a filter, another hose, another steel line, and then into the carb. The trouble areas are: fuel sock in tank collapses and/or get stuffed up. If the car has been sitting for a long time, the sender can rust and not allow fuel through. Any and all hose connections can rot and leak. Fuel pump failure, plugged filter, float and/or valve in the carb stuck.
I like to start at the fuel pump inlet. Disconnect the hose and pull a vacuum on the line from the tank. If no fuel will come out, pull the sender and check for plugged lines. If you have fuel at the pump, disconnect the hose at the fuel filter, prime the fuel pump with a little spare gas and reconnect the hose at the pump. Attach a hose to the line at the filter and direct the outlet away from the engine (and anything else you don't want soaked in gasoline), prime the carb, and start the engine for a few seconds. As soon as you see gas squirting out, shut off the engine and reconnect the fuel hose. If you don't see any gas coming out even after a couple of trys, your fuel pump is probably bad. If the gas won't pass through the filter, replace it. If it won't pass into the carb, you'll have to pull it apart to find the problem in there. Just work your way from where you have fuel to where you don't. Whatever you do, be very carefull with spilled gasoline. A tiny bit can cause a fire and/or explosion if exposed to a spark (ie. alternator, distributor, plugs and wires, your cigarette, etc.)
Have fun and keep gasoline out of your mouth and arm pit! Those that failed to heed that warning, know what I mean!
Mark

I had a fuel deliver problem as well.....

lol here was my problem and my solution...

tank2s.jpg

tank1s.jpg

fuelcell1s.jpg

-
Back