Fuel tank and fuel line issues.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Hey, ever had one of them days?? I thought I had all my ducks in a row, NOT!!

I bought one of them 'Canadian' gas tanks for my 70 Swinger. I was told the Taiwan ones were absolute junk, ill fitting, thinner metal, metal that rusts easier, I think you get the picture. Well, I stripped off the entire fuel system for a re-do as this stuff all looked pretty old. Now the tank, pickup, tank mat, and straps were bought from a guy on the web who was going the fuel cell route and yes, I know the guy well. The tank does not fit right!! Sits about an inch forward of where it should making putting the trunk boot and filler neck on a little difficult. Its all on but I am not liking it so I will be replacing it once again later in the season. Ditto for the pickup as my guage does not work with the new one so the old pickup went back on and the guage now works. On the fuel line I bought it from a Mopar swap meet from a reputable seller who has a business selling Mopar parts. Got the wrong line for my car. Since I bought it late last year and did some creative bending and snipping returning it is not going to happen. Opened the fuel pump and filter I bought from Napa and it was wrong. Should have checked. Got that straight and now the car is running but not the way I want it.
Anybody else had issues with aftermarket tanks not fitting right? Anybody have any tips on who to get a good fitting tank from? Thanks.
Chas.

-
Back