Fuel Tank Help

-

josekh7

Reaction score
Guys, i did the big change and dropped a 440 into my 70 dart. My fuel tank is the 4 vent tubes style tank. Please help i'm thinking of replacing the tank, what tank should i use i do not have to meet any emissions even tho i live in CA (lol). Please help :)

You should get the 72+ tank, CR11E, and eliminate the poorly designed canister in the trunk. I just did this swap a few months ago. The 72+ tank has a single 1/4" vent line on the top-front of the tank. Simply splice this into the vent line that goes to your engine bay.

Don't forget filler neck grommet and tank pad

Ok so i deleted the vent line as it was damaged. I can create a new one but where do i connect it to? Vapor canister?

72+ from the factory was a charcoal canister
70/71 was a fitting on the stock breather

If you don't have a vent line you could just run a vented cap and use the '69 and earlier gas tank which doesn't have a vent. I believe that number is CR11C.
You may have to go to a '72+ filler neck to find a vented gas cap easily.
Another option is rigging up a vent line in the filler neck like how they did it in '69 and earlier

What would be the easiest? Im thinking of going with this tank REPD670105 1 frontal vented tank. Would it be easier to fix my vented line which is only half missing to a charcoal canister or connect the 1 vented port to the filler tube by brazing it back to the filler tube? Also my carb is a 850 quick-fuel which i dont think has a connection to charcoal canister or(ECS).

Last edited:
Ok, then from canister to valve breather? or splice it into ported vacuum from distributor?

-
Back