Fuel Vaporization Using Eddy Carb -- In-Line Fuel Pump Question

-
Aha!!!!
I knew it had to do with the emissions and vacuum routing. The quote below is from the link below, from this site.

For '72, things got very much better. At the back of the car, the inner tank was deleted; by clever shaping of the top dome area of the tank, the same function was achieved by means of a controlled air pocket at the top of the inside of the tank. The '72+ tanks also have only one vent fitting. At the front of the car, the crankcase was no longer used to contain fuel vapors. Instead, a canister containing activated charcoal granules was mounted at the front corner of the engine bay. Lines lead to it from the carb bowl and the fuel tank vent. There is a purge valve mounted atop the canister, with a small diameter vacuum line teed into the distributor vacuum advance line, and a large diameter line from the underside of the purge valve, teed into the PCV valve hose. There's vacuum in the distributor vacuum line only above idle, so the purge valve only opened above idle. Voila, no more hot start/hot idle problems, since fuel vapors were only drawn off and burned above idle. This system works fine.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=750582#post750582

My eddie carb was fixed by adding the fuel filter Momoparman is talking about and running a vapor return line to tank. Did this after throwing many parts at the problem, then fixed by a $7.00 filter and $3.00 of hose.

I have run a Thermoquad, Edelbrock 1406, and now a 4777-2 Holley Double Pumper on my bone stock 360.....with a stock $17.00 mechanical fuel pump....no issues....now logged over 35,000 miles in the last 2 years.

How about this for some confirmation?

I have a new Spectre Fuel Tank....new Chinese sending unit...original fuel lines...1974 Dodge Dart Sport....who knows how many miles I have been using the same gas cap.

Vent Nipple on the Fuel pick-up/sending unit....capped off.

No charcoal canister....removed..deleted.

1/4" inline clear plastic fuel filter before the carberator.....between pump/carb.

.375" Edelbrock Carberator Insulator Gasket, square bore, or spread...

Heat crossover blocked off.....and I dont run a choke at all...

Never had vapor lock, fuel boiling, nothing......and it gets to over 105* where I am...and I dont baby, my baby....if its running., we're rollin.
185* all day long....will get up to 205-210* in standstill traffic...still not a hiccup/burp/fart or stall.

(seen some similar situations before)....turned out to be incorrect float level....and another "only when hot" situation that turned out to be a worn out ignition coil.

Its hard to diagnose a problem without checking basic stuff and knowing the condition of the parts your dealing with.

Could be the ECU box breaking down..........

-
Back