Full manual Valve Body, and Diff. Questions

-

Duster Fan

Reaction score
I know a FMVB can go bad, and if it does, will the tranny shift on it's own, or what? I'm thinking about putting the Turbo Action 17675 model in my 727(anybody have their thoughts on the product)

And I've got a Dana Sure-Grip Posi rear end, the clutch version NOT the cone version. What type of fluid should be used for this?(Yes, I know it's a really stupid question to be asked, but any help would be appriciated)

As far as the gear lube goes i would go with Amsoil severe gear. Or probably some other synthetic gear lube.

just run any old fluid with a posi additive... but make sure its says for use with clutch style LSD's...

as for the valve body i dont think they really wear out unless they get junk past the filter or never change the fluid... its just a valve and passages...

...............The T/A is a great product.........u have to shift it on ur own.........no, it will not shift automatically.........kim........

just run any old fluid with a posi additive... but make sure its says for use with clutch style LSD's...

as for the valve body i dont think they really wear out unless they get junk past the filter or never change the fluid... its just a valve and passages...

That's what I figured. When I bought the car, the owner told me it had the Turbo Action Cheetah in it, but a few weeks after buying it, I left the shifter in 3rd(or drive) and it shifted by itself, I didn't know if the valve body had gone bad or not. But obviously it doesn't have the full manual in it. I only recently found out that I've been driving it without the FMVB, and NO kickdown linkage............. :banghead:

I just got the Lokar kickdown linkage in the mail from Summit yesterday, and I plan on installing it this weekend. I also just revieved my T/A Cheetah Shifter, and I'm looking forward to installing that as well.

Now, since I've already got a Neutral Saftey switch installed, do I need to instal the one that came with the Cheetah? Or can I just bolt on the cheetah, hook up the cable, and go?

Driving it with no throttle pressure linkage is extremely detrimental to a torqueflite. That probably explains your other thread about it slipping. You probably smoked it.

use neutral safety switch on trans....it is wire thru the stater relay switch...

I must have a good'n, been through 3 motors and 2 cars full manual valve body and no switch, I bought this push button Dynamic 727 in 1990 and never a problem, shifts like you're using a hammer..

Driving it with no throttle pressure linkage is extremely detrimental to a torqueflite. That probably explains your other thread about it slipping. You probably smoked it.

Yeah, tell me about it. I feel like a real retard for not checking this sooner. I guess that's what happens when you take the buyers word on everything lol!

So would it even help, if I installed the kickdown linkage, and new shifter, or should I just pull the tranny and have it rebuilt?

when and if you remove the vb the turbo action vb's always have the part number on the separator plate on the top(as in the trans)next to the stiffining plate.

Yeah, tell me about it. I feel like a real retard for not checking this sooner. I guess that's what happens when you take the buyers word on everything lol!

So would it even help, if I installed the kickdown linkage, and new shifter, or should I just pull the tranny and have it rebuilt?

we all learn things the hard way sometimes. Most likely it's toast since your description in the other thread sounds like a burned clutch pack but you will have to install the linkage sometime so you might as well hook it up and see what it does. Can't hurt anything.

-
Back