Full manual valve body forward pattern?

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
do any companies make a full manual valve body that’s forward pattern. All the ones I see are reverse. Not a trans go kit I need a new valve body

do any companies make a full manual valve body that’s forward pattern. All the ones I see are reverse. Not a trans go kit I need a new valve body

Yes they do as I have seen them.
Don't know specifics on who though, but I'll take a look for you.

Here is proof they exist and are sold, but you might want to look around for a better price. (904 or 727 I assume ?)
TCI StreetFighter Valve Bodies 122400

Last edited:
anybody know what smr charges for their TF904 pro sportsman valve body , it sound like a good upgrade .

Check Mancini Racing I think they have the forwards shifting Turbo action manual valve bodies

I have one behind my 499" in the 67 GTS. Kenny Ford at PTC built my trans and converter. I wanted to use my stock console and shifter so he put a forward manual in it.

I liked my reverse pattern, but I can’t find one to go in an A500

had a 727 built years ago that had a TransGo shift kit set up that way. drove it on the street for 10 years like that. but might depend on your use: CRT 727-904 Pro Street Forward Manual Valve Body | Cope Racing | Cope Racing
cope racing has an opinion: "Forward manual valve body with low band apply. Not recommended for high horsepower applications
BECAUSE HIGH HORSEPOWER TRANSMISSIONS NEED A HIGH PRESSURES YOU JUST CANT GET FROM A FORWARD MANUAL PLUS, FORWARD MANUAL SHIFTS ARE FOR GIRLS. BE A MAN AND RUN A REVERSE MANUAL VALVE BODY." :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning Cope they have a reverse manual for a 500/518 but WOW it’s $1100. Ouch.

I believe Turbo Action sells one..I have their reverse manual in my car ..STAY AWAY FROM Total Crap Incorporated nothing but garbage!!

I would like to mention the forward shift v/b without a gate installed on the shifter, to prevent pushing thru to neutral is an invitation to disaster. I have attended a few grenaded engines that scattered after the driver, in the adrenalin rush of the moment, pushed thru to neutral, with terminal results. I prefer reverse pattern cuz I can use the stock shifter, and can't push thru. Stock shifters can be modified with a gate for reg pattern. jmo. cheers.

Any articular reason not wanting to use a Transgo kit? I see from another post you were having some issues with it, but you never mentioned status or findings. Something to consider is if you were to source a good unmodified valve body and swapped over the Transgo TF-3 kit, you can (save $$$!!!) wire back the kd lever, or let it operate with the throttle going all the way back at wot. Just switched from the TF-1 to the TF-3 on my 727, left the kd cable connected, can cruise around with nice quick shifts (not harsh or any crash boom banging at all) and a wot nothing but quick solid shifts as they should be. And, even though I won't, ithe TF-3 can be converted back to auto function like a TF-2.

I would like to mention the forward shift v/b without a gate installed on the shifter, to prevent pushing thru to neutral is an invitation to disaster. I have attended a few grenaded engines that scattered after the driver, in the adrenalin rush of the moment, pushed thru to neutral, with terminal results. I prefer reverse pattern cuz I can use the stock shifter, and can't push thru. Stock shifters can be modified with a gate for reg pattern. jmo. cheers.
ya, the first 5yrs or so i had it i was using the stock column shifter :eek: it will does make you up your game knowing the carnage is only a shift away :D

Thanks for mentioning Cope they have a reverse manual for a 500/518 but WOW it’s $1100. Ouch.
depends on your needs. the cope VB is not just a shift kit on a stock 20yr old valve body. other hand, just running around on the street a good shift kit is sweet.

personally i love the winners shifters. https://www.polyperformance.com/art-carr-winters-shifter you can swap the gates out if you change what your running

Last edited:
I have been shifting mine in the forward pattern for 51 years without missing. Just got back from running through gears shifting about 5800 just below 6000 chip. Man I still enjoy it, Joe

CRT 727-904 Pro Street Forward Manual Valve Body | Cope Racing | Cope Racing
cope racing has an opinion: "Forward manual valve body with low band apply. Not recommended for high horsepower applications
BECAUSE HIGH HORSEPOWER TRANSMISSIONS NEED A HIGH PRESSURES YOU JUST CANT GET FROM A FORWARD MANUAL PLUS, FORWARD MANUAL SHIFTS ARE FOR GIRLS. BE A MAN AND RUN A REVERSE MANUAL VALVE BODY." :lol:
Yeah, I got that same response when I bought my valvebody from him. I told him my wife had a hard time driving the car with the reverse pattern because she couldn't get it to neutral easily if she needed to when she brought the car to a stop. He told me she needed to stop being a girl and learn how to drive. She didn't find it as funny as I did.

-
Back