Full Quarter & Lower patch Replacement Cost

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Well as Manny of you know, I have been on the hunt for an AMD passenger side quarter skin for awhile now. It just isn't gonna happen, I called every AMD dealer and nobody has one in stock. So my only choice is a full quarter.

I found a two body shops in the area that do classics. One is heavily mopar focused and the other one focuses on Fords, while they both do brand X.

The Mopar one quoted 1300-1500 for both the Full Quarter and the patch. ($50/hr) 26-30 hrs. The other guy quoted half the time (16 hrs @$55/hr) This doesn't include the price of the panels.

Neither have seen the car, but the Mopar but offered to see it and give a more accurate quote, I'm gonna ask the other guy too. Just wondering what y'all thought?

Just to give you an idea of cost...the AMD installation shop here in GA charges $700 to install a full quarter. So I'd say $1200-1500 sounds reasonable for what your looking at. Just make sure you ask to see some of their other work too before deciding If you've never dealt with them. they may turn out crappy quality. You never know.

I paid a total of $1500 labor for a full driver side quarter replacement, deck filler replacement, full trunk floor and both extensions replacement, passenger patch near rear, drivers new door jamb pillar, a dent in passenger door, and roof and trunk lid dents removed and stripped to bare metal and reprimed. All parts were AMD. So basically I had all exterior replaced or straightened from the front fenders back. But that was having a friends dad do it who is a retired body guy of 25+ years. He did take a little over a year to do it though. But mainly because he was having issues with his shoulder muscle and had to take it easy for a while.

Well as Manny of you know, I have been on the hunt for an AMD passenger side quarter skin for awhile now. It just isn't gonna happen, I called every AMD dealer and nobody has one in stock. So my only choice is a full quarter.

I found a two body shops in the area that do classics. One is heavily mopar focused and the other one focuses on Fords, while they both do brand X.

The Mopar one quoted 1300-1500 for both the Full Quarter and the patch. ($50/hr) 26-30 hrs. The other guy quoted half the time (16 hrs @$55/hr) This doesn't include the price of the panels.

Neither have seen the car, but the Mopar but offered to see it and give a more accurate quote, I'm gonna ask the other guy too. Just wondering what y'all thought?
I'm guessing this for a dart? I've been hunting for one from AMD for two years. They stopped producing them according to stephens performance

I'm guessing this for a dart? I've been hunting for one from AMD for two years. They stopped producing them according to stephens performance

Yea, 70 Dart. AMD says they won't be producing them again until they deplete the inventory of full quarters. The drivers side skin is gonna be available Oct, 2nd tho.

Just to give you an idea of cost...the AMD installation shop here in GA charges $700 to install a full quarter. So I'd say $1200-1500 sounds reasonable for what your looking at. Just make sure you ask to see some of their other work too before deciding If you've never dealt with them. they may turn out crappy quality. You never know.

I paid a total of $1500 labor for a full driver side quarter replacement, deck filler replacement, full trunk floor and both extensions replacement, passenger patch near rear, drivers new door jamb pillar, a dent in passenger door, and roof and trunk lid dents removed and stripped to bare metal and reprimed. All parts were AMD. So basically I had all exterior replaced or straightened from the front fenders back. But that was having a friends dad do it who is a retired body guy of 25+ years. He did take a little over a year to do it though. But mainly because he was having issues with his shoulder muscle and had to take it easy for a while.

Thanks, I have seen pics of both guys work, but nothing in person. I will for sure check out their shops first.

Yea, 70 Dart. AMD says they won't be producing them again until they deplete the inventory of full quarters. The drivers side skin is gonna be available Oct, 2nd tho.
Yep same story I got a year ago. I need a passenger side. I'm just gonna wait patiently or go elsewhere. I really want an AMD since the drivers side is an AMD

I wasn't able to get the skins either so, I had to purchase full quarter too and my body guy
Rt Qtr.jpg
cut the sail panel off where he could weld the AMD panel in. He leaded all weld seams and you can't tell even if you look up thru the trunk.
When you remove the quarters, you will find many other sheetmetal parts needed.

Yep same story I got a year ago. I need a passenger side. I'm just gonna wait patiently or go elsewhere. I really want an AMD since the drivers side is an AMD

One shop said it would be more if not AMD because of the quality. I would wait too, but there isn't much else left to do on mine. Everything is done except the rear end and trans.

I wasn't able to get the skins either so, I had to purchase full quarter too and my body guyView attachment 1715088810 cut the sail panel off where he could weld the AMD panel in. He leaded all weld seams and you can't tell even if you look up thru the trunk.
When you remove the quarters, you will find many other sheetmetal parts needed.

I am anticipating, but hopeful. :)

One shop said it would be more if not AMD because of the quality. I would wait too, but there isn't much else left to do on mine. Everything is done except the rear end and trans.
I wasn't all too impressed with AMDs quality on my drivers side one. They were way off on fitment

My body guy had to stretch my left side panel to fit correctly, right was ok. AMD's tooling needs work but their panels are much better than others out there.

To add some perspective, I just got quoted $3000-$3500 to put a full quarter on my 74 Dart sport, and I've already done 90% of the prep work. I almost **** my pants and quickly realized I will have to learn how to do it on my own.

I too know the expense; replaced inner fenders, overhauled both my fenders, rebuilt one door, and re-skinned the other. Replaced both outer wheel house, trunk extensions and both quarters. Interior floor work (panel fabrications). He leaded all his work and primed the entire car.
Six months of work, at a cost of $6500 labor only and worth every penny.
I believe I got one hell of a deal.

I talked with the Mopar guy today, he is gonna try and come out this weekend to look.

He says he would only replace if its rusted. So he is gonna come buy and see what it would take to straighten the panel and just do lower patches to combat the rust. I like this option better, hopefully out will come out more cost effective.

To add some perspective, I just got quoted $3000-$3500 to put a full quarter on my 74 Dart sport, and I've already done 90% of the prep work. I almost **** my pants and quickly realized I will have to learn how to do it on my own.

I would love to learn, just not that confident alone.

I gasped when I got the bill but after getting all the parts lined up on my 66 project, 2 guys worked 3 days @ 75/hr. To get it done. Thats over $5000 in labor. You do the math. Both lower quarters, trunk floor extensions and a wheel lip in primer.

Ive been following your progress, very inspiring. I think Ill let the pros replace the metal and work out the quarter dent, but the rest of it, I'm gonna tackle.

Epoxy, skim coat, 2k, block, etc then paint. I wanna be able to say I did it, even if, it's not perfect. I painted the bay already. I also have a gallon of SPI epoxy, just waiting. Lol.

-
Back