full RMS suspension swap!

-
OMG, That is the sickest Cuda I seen in a long time....Air ride changes everything. Slamming a Cuda, interesting.

anybody using an RMS on a drag car. What does it use to mount a RB eng. what is the adjust ability on drag car with the rear kit.

To mount an RB engine it used regular mounts. Or you can install elephant ears. Your choice.

The rear is more for handling then the 1/4 mile. My car did improve at the strip with the street lynx but it was only a 12 second car. I know there are quite a few guys running the alter-k in their strip only cars and I have never heard anything negative about it. Used to be a few guys at Bbd so you may want to ask over there.

I was just asking Bill @ RMS the same thing about the street lynx. May have to try it out on my Duster when I get that far.

after two and a half days of busting ***,bill reilly and myself transfered my duster into an auto-x/roadrace beast! don't look at the AFCO double adjustables too long,they will mezmorize you! i wanted to take one to bed and cuddle with it,they are beautiful pieces! enjoy the pics. i have to take her down this week and get the tail pipes run,again.

Very nice. I have a Ford 9" rear axle with a Strange Engineering limited-slip differential and located with 4 trailing links and a Panhard rod. I also have Wilwood disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Mine still needs some minor adjustments at the rear though..

Zuluman

Attachments

• $ 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 481
  • $ 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_0151.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC_0152.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 479
after two and a half days of busting ***,bill reilly and myself transfered my duster into an auto-x/roadrace beast! don't look at the AFCO double adjustables too long,they will mezmorize you! i wanted to take one to bed and cuddle with it,they are beautiful pieces! enjoy the pics. i have to take her down this week and get the tail pipes run,again.

View attachment 1714536456

View attachment 1714536458

View attachment 1714536459

View attachment 1714536460

Very nice. I have a Ford 9" rear axle with a Strange Engineering limited-slip differential and located with 4 trailing links and a Panhard rod. I also have Wilwood disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Mine still needs some minor adjustments at the rear though..

Zuluman

Attachments

• $ 1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 500
  • $ 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC_0151.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC_0152.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 460
I'm gonna mention that the cost to do front and rear with the Willwoods
shown is around 8 to 9 grand fyi.

Labor is extra as expected.
WOW........8 or 9 grand !!! ..... PLUS labor !!!

Wonder what the total bill would be with Mr. Reilly assisting on that installation?

well, mid life crisis plus cash equals anything goes. I currently could be called out as such on stupid. But I am ok with it.:burnout:

I just purchased a Street Lynx from Bill too. I live in the mountains, and there isn't a straight road I know of here. So that's my reasoning for wanting this. I know a lot of guys are saying it's costly, but you don't have to purchase the whole kabash if you can't. Bill ain't gonna turn his nose up at you, he's good people.
Before my Barracuda got wacked, I was able to handle the road fairly well for a 40 + car. Down hill 9% grade, into a hairpin and up through an S ( to get to my mail box ), lots of down shift, up shift. fun, but the rear suspension was lacking. Even with the lateral hijacker trick. I was calling Reilly's, " Look I can't afford anything, but what if I did this ? or that ? with what I already have. The guy never hung up on me, just told me honestly, yes it'll work, or no it won't. I already had tubular UCA's by the other guys, they look like snapped pretzels now, but they had improved my manual steering a ton. That said we knew what would work, and Bill knew my budget, and he set me up with a nice semi stock front suspension, and a street lynx out back. He spent the time to explain the ins, and outs of things, and the tec stuff on the install.
It was such a pleasure dealing with RMS that I do intend to save for a front suspension too, if it takes 10 years I will. I want to say something bad about my experience with the other company, but really what's the point.

So, do the rear first? most improvement for the money? Our just the way it went for you?

The price is at least $2500 less than your estimate if you do it yourself.( Without wheels, and tires.) The front is assembling stuff, and what the 4 bolts onto the frame, and the rear requires welding in the cross member. Most welding services charge about $65 bucks an hour, and there's no hour of welding in that piece. ( so if you're not a welding pro ) This is an excellent project if you really want to be able to say, " I had a hand in on this creation of my own." If you're a wealthy guy who doesn't care about the actual craftsmanship aspect, well than you can have somebody mount a body on a viper chassis. I think being a part of the process is the fun stuff.

talked to Rms. starting at the rear. going to install that stuff 1st. should arrive in a day or two. the welding ess my only concern. been years since doing that. local shop said they do it all. have to be careful who do the work.

Looking at your car is akin to looking at a beautiful woman! Referring to Momoparman's Barracuda.

Thanks for the kind words and your right....rims and tires were part of the estimate. I did the install and saved the labor. Pretty straightforward stuff on the front end. Rear end is a four link but we used a speedway motors generic kit and chopped up the spare tire well to make room. They didn't have the street lynx available then.

I would do the front first....that's where you'll notice a big improvement.

Mop

I did the rear suspension because... If you had seen my rear suspension, you would've cried. I can't even blame it on the 6.1 hemi. I've gone through 2 sets of leafs in 10 years. There's this mountain road I live near with some wicked turns, and one rosses a defunct rail road. One time I hit it a bit rough, and heard, " Poot Ting !!! and checked the car later, and I saw nothing. After that every time I hit 65 mph there was a weird vibration, like when your crossing a wood bridge. The springs were missing most of the clamps, The shackle bolts had unbolted even with nylock nuts, and the rear hangers, welds broke. Got another set of springs and broke the passenger side pack. Being that I have no faith in springs any more, I replaced them. ( this is not the typical results most people experience. )

Um....yea I would have done the same thing.

Good for you that they didn't come apart completely and send you off the road.

Either way good luck with the rest of your build.

Mop

-
Back