FULL ROOF REPLACEMENT

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
I have a full roof replacement job coming up. Has anyone done this before ? I am not talking the skin. I am talking the whole roof. All 4 pillars

Wow. I've helped skin one before, and cut roofs off cars to put cages in for dirt track and put them back. It's kinda tedious to get it right.

Did it on a '55 Chevy once. Only advice is to measure, remeasure, and measure everything again- before, during and after. Try to work from the factory seams and joints if you can.
Oh, and test fit the glass as you go- it's gotta be sized and gapped right before you finalize the welds.

Did it on a '55 Chevy once. Only advice is to measure, remeasure, and measure everything again- before, during and after. Try to work from the factory seams and joints if you can.
Oh, and test fit the glass as you go- it's gotta be sized and gapped right before you finalize the welds.

or it will leak for sure.

Second on using the factory seams if at all possible

Wow. I've helped skin one before, and cut roofs off cars to put cages in for dirt track and put them back. It's kinda tedious to get it right.
I helped someone ( head hanging in shame) some one cut up an AAR with a Sawzall. We saved the roof.. arrrgh

Do you have a roof? And what model and year car?

I have a full roof replacement job coming up. Has anyone done this before ? I am not talking the skin. I am talking the whole roof. All 4 pillars

Hey Crawley,

Here's what was done to replace the roof on my 68 Barracuda. Original damaged in a collision with a Moose.

Take your time, brace the car well. take careful measurements and it can be done .

dscn4646-jpg.jpg

67 doesn't have stainless reveal moldings hugged up against the join lines so those lines don't have to be perfect. The factory didn't get them perfect and its not noticed until the later model moldings are installed on a 67.
S6307269.JPG

-
Back