"Fun Runs". Any Special Restrictions/Requirements?

-

pntastar69

Reaction score
I plan on attending a car show/drag race event at a local track and they are advertising "fun runs". Are there any special restrictions/requirements in order to take a pass down the track?

Official disclaimer: Every track is different, a lot of times there will be an unofficial tech even for fun runs, they don't want leakers going down track etc. you show up at a fun run in an obvious drag car and they will likely pull you aside and sort out your intent. The fun runs are aimed at folks driving mostly stock rigs and is a way to generate interest and perhaps plant a seed. They typically don't mind headers or simple bolt on stuff. You roll in on stickies with a roll bar and 5 point harness and you will probably get a further review! Most guys have a spare helmet laying around so borrowing one is not an issue. Have fun be safe

Just dawned on me I did not actually answer your question. They will probably pull you aside and ask you to lift if you exceed what the deem appropriate for the event. Run to fast again and they will ask you to leave. I cannot tell you how many "10" sec cars I have seen that can't bust off a 12! Have a great time!

Just dawned on me I did not actually answer your question. They will probably pull you aside and ask you to lift if you exceed what the deem appropriate for the event. Run to fast again and they will ask you to leave. I cannot tell you how many "10" sec cars I have seen that can't bust off a 12! Have a great time!
So is what you're saying if the tech guy asked you to open the hood and he turns and looks at you not very seriously with his Left eye slightly closed and is right eye wide open..... He's probably going to have a couple questions about what you're thinking??....

^^^^you're looking at the tech like you just want to take a quick pass down the track and he's looking back at you like you I want to launch a rocket into space!!!...

I'd think that event would be a lot like what we know as "test and tune" ?? Can't imagine there wouldn't be a tech, just for track down time incase of a leak or for insurance reasons. Car would have to pass per ET would be my guess

I'd think that event would be a lot like what we know as "test and tune" ?? Can't imagine there wouldn't be a tech, just for track down time incase of a leak or for insurance reasons. Car would have to pass per ET would be my guess
DISAGREED! LOL...
Just joking, but we can't find out (per E.T.) until we get one??

DISAGREED! LOL...
Just joking, but we can't find out (per E.T.) until we get one??
well, I would think it starts with the basic "battery anchored, coolant catch-can, two throttle springs" …… but then all the other stuff that the eyeball sees...….

Anyways I was thinking myself of goin down to one of the introductory races trophy races they're having at the local track for beginners. But do I consider myself a beginner? Yes! Would they maybe not. I did race one time a couple years ago in the Sportsman class. I took my couple practice passes and was eliminated in the first round so $40 for three 1/8 mile passes was not what I call a deal. I would much rather go Friday or Saturday 1/4 mile all the passes you can handle for$35... any house for this event they're only charging ten bucks. I think plus the $15 yearly number but I already got that. I just want to take a few launches anyways and try to dial in my two step. If I can do that for ten bucks....

well, I would think it starts with the basic "battery anchored, coolant catch-can, two throttle springs" …… but then all the other stuff that the eyeball sees...….
I would think as long as they're not leaking anything and they look relatively safe and it's quite obvious this bone stock 170 Slant six with with its original AC still hooked up LOL that this thing's not going to be up to freeway speed by the end of the quarter mile..lol....

They do this kind of thing here at the Mopar Nationals. At the end of the drag racing they will let the show cars take one pass for free. And yes you just have to pass a simple Tech inspection...

I would think as long as they're not leaking anything and they look relatively safe and it's quite obvious this bone stock 170 Slant six with with its original AC still hooked up LOL that this thing's not going to be up to freeway speed by the end of the quarter mile..lol....
Or the guy that has a blower and NOS and didn't bring a helmet … LOL

^^^^you know where the tech inspector can obviously see if the guy lost his brakes he'd still make the first turn out....

^^^^you know where the tech inspector can obviously see if the guy lost his brakes he'd still make the first turn out....
LOL ! ^^...…. If I get one of the "usuals" in tech, they usually ask me 1 question: "any changes"..... and I go on through without a look … LOL

-
Back