"Fun Runs". Any Special Restrictions/Requirements?

-
I know at my local track they have a test and tune night every friday its run what you brung as long as it's safe and not leaking iv never seen them turn anything away. We was up there one night and everyone was running there street cars and everyday drivers hell I took my truck then a dude pulled up in a primer black nova with north Carolina license plates it was a street legal car he drove on the street and be busted out a mid four. Everyone just kind of looked around at each other in disbelief and he loaded it up on the trailer and went home after one pass Haha. He brought it back the next night and ran in the bracket race. I think he made it to the finals IIRC . It was funny. And before everyone starts calling me a liar it's an 1/8 mile track. I used to love test and tune night cause they would do "grudge" matches heads up on a pro tree (I think that's what it's called where it goes straight to green correct me if I'm wrong) Saturday night was competition bracket racing fridays was the night to run whatever so us kids didnt street race lol I remember a couple nights there was more cars on fridays than Saturday. I know we use to piss off the real racers because they came on Fridays to truly test and tune for the next day and we would fill up the staging lanes with our street cars and they wouldn't get as many passes. For the most part they would let the racers go early and let us kids have the track later at night when all the old guys went home lol

I know at my local track they have a test and tune night every friday its run what you brung as long as it's safe and not leaking iv never seen them turn anything away. We was up there one night and everyone was running there street cars and everyday drivers hell I took my truck then a dude pulled up in a primer black nova with north Carolina license plates it was a street legal car he drove on the street and be busted out a mid four. Everyone just kind of looked around at each other in disbelief and he loaded it up on the trailer and went home after one pass Haha. He brought it back the next night and ran in the bracket race. I think he made it to the finals IIRC . It was funny. And before everyone starts calling me a liar it's an 1/8 mile track. I used to love test and tune night cause they would do "grudge" matches heads up on a pro tree (I think that's what it's called where it goes straight to green correct me if I'm wrong) Saturday night was competition bracket racing fridays was the night to run whatever so us kids didnt street race lol I remember a couple nights there was more cars on fridays than Saturday. I know we use to piss off the real racers because they came on Fridays to truly test and tune for the next day and we would fill up the staging lanes with our street cars and they wouldn't get as many passes. For the most part they would let the racers go early and let us kids have the track later at night when all the old guys went home lol
You'll be an old man with a fast car one day soon.....

Just for reference for next time, they may check for all 20 lugnuts, overflow bottle, no more than 12” of rubber fuel hose, drivers seat belt, and a helmet and long pants.

Just got back from the track. No fun runs allowed so no time slip.
Did they have a trophy class? My track often has a trophy class for 5 bucks more than it would have been to test -n - tune

The event was called Glory Days, nostalgic drags (old school F/C's and gassers main draw) and car show. They advertized Fun Runs for $10 extra for car show (I entered the car show) entrants. Asked at the gate, no fun runs this weekend.

-
Back