Fun Times

-

MachineMan

Remove Before Flight
Reaction score
I remember a couple of these in my past, good stuff.

You guys want to laugh?

Back in the day I went with a friend to buy a cheap car.....

We found an ad for a Valiant with no reverse..... $100.00

Over the phone I ask the guy about the car and he tells me that it has a push button transmission, one day the button went in and stayed in.

Otherwise the car was ok, I tell the guy that we will come by and look at it, and hung up the phone.

I look at my friend and say, " I might be able to fix that car on the spot", he said "lets go".

We get there and it's a big old house up in the hills filled with a bunch of hippies.

We look at the car, start it and such, I tell my friend to walk with the hippies up to the house and give them the money.

When they walked away I got under the dash and placed the shift linkage rod back into the backside of the reverse button.

A couple of minutes later my buddy and some hippies walked back down to the car, the deal was done.

We shook hands and said our thank you's , I got behind the wheel, my buddy jumped in,
I put the car in reverse, backed up, then put it in drive and waved at the hippies all of which had their mouths wide open!

Now that was a fun day.

Total repair time less than 10 seconds.

LOL

How did you get there to look at the car?

We got a ride, we were going to buy the car no matter what.

I just knew the odds were if it had first, but no reverse, it was because what ever that button pushed was probably out of position.

When I looked under there, there it was hanging.

Shift linkage rod, with a pushbutton?

I would have to look up the proper name, but each button had a small diameter rod behind it.

And the one for reverse was just hanging there out of position.

Maybe one of those hippies stashed some grass up under the dash some time in the past and knocked it out of place.

:dontknow:

a neighbor had an old BMW motorcycle one day he couldnt get it started, I told him to bring it by and I would take a look at it for him, he declined saying he was taking it to the dealership, a week later I saw him walking by and asked about the bike, he told me the dealer said the engine needed to be rebuilt and wasnt worth fixing they also wanted $100 for the estimate to release the bike, he then said if I wanted it for parts I could have it for the $100, I cleaned the carbs. set the points, changed the plugs, and rode it up the street past his house that same afternoon

a neighbor had an old BMW motorcycle one day he couldnt get it started, I told him to bring it by and I would take a look at it for him, he declined saying he was taking it to the dealership, a week later I saw him walking by and asked about the bike, he told me the dealer said the engine needed to be rebuilt and wasnt worth fixing they also wanted $100 for the estimate to release the bike, he then said if I wanted it for parts I could have it for the $100, I cleaned the carbs. set the points, changed the plugs, and rode it up the street past his house that same afternoon

LOL

I love stories like this.

A nice bike for $100.00 and some elbow grease.

LOL

-
Back