Fun to watch a craftsman

-

Idaho

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM"]Peter Tommasini Shaping Monaro Quarter Panel - YouTube[/ame]

I'm envious of any one that can do that. I just learned to hammer and dolly small dents on my Dart and feel great being able to do that.Body work has always been a weak point for me but I'm learning. Love watching craftsman like that make things. Great video.

"Art" is not the crap "installations" you see in these museums and snob outfits back east.

THIS is art!!!

There's nothing wrong with installing parts that exist. All the better and more fortunate to the ones that can get parts for their cars. It's hard, not having them, when you have to do something like this.

It's sort of fun, but also sort of intimidating, when you're doing work on a wheel, a roller, a shrinking die, a break or even on bucks.

Most of the stuff that I run into needs to be made from multiple pieces. It would have been cool to see him rework the arch. I'm betting he did a bit of filing and hammer on dolly to get that wheel arch how he wanted it. Pretty cool stuff.

While I think I may be making a body for my scooter from carbon fiber/ kevlar weave for lightness, I am going to make some trim for it from brass, as well as a modular headlamp and speedometer bezel.

I like working with wooden bucks.

I am in awe.
If I tried that, I would end up with an origami amoeba.

-
Back