Funeral plans

-
We just went through this last week... My father inlaw passed and we had the funeral last week.

Even though they had done a lot of pre-planning, there was a lot of details that needed to be worked out... and money pulled out of my pocket for things that were above and beyond the pre-planning. Example... It was $1400 to open the mausoleum so his casket could be inserted... Yea.. $1400 to remove 4 bolts and take a 100 lb granite door off. A obit in the local paper was over $200.

I have a cemetery plot, but we've been talking about getting everything wrapped up. My Mom's funeral was pre-planned and pre-paid. We even got a few bucks back from interest made on the pre-payment. Compared to my Dad's where I had to do everything, it was easy.

It's a stressful time and a lot of people with their hand out.... Hard to make decisions when you are crying.

Sorry for your loss (sister in law passed away also this past Sunday) I can not say I "know" what you are feeling but I can truly say I can imagine. My heart goes out to you but I just wanted to let you know you are the epitome of the example I am trying to convey, the hardest time of your life and everything is happening so fast let alone you don't want to sit and make deals or look for a "discount" at a time like that, etc...Not to mention if one does not pay attention (to the bills) you will be "killed" in a different way..

MAPS

We just went through this last week... My father inlaw passed and we had the funeral last week.

Even though they had done a lot of pre-planning, there was a lot of details that needed to be worked out... and money pulled out of my pocket for things that were above and beyond the pre-planning. Example... It was $1400 to open the mausoleum so his casket could be inserted... Yea.. $1400 to remove 4 bolts and take a 100 lb granite door off. A obit in the local paper was over $200.

I have a cemetery plot, but we've been talking about getting everything wrapped up. My Mom's funeral was pre-planned and pre-paid. We even got a few bucks back from interest made on the pre-payment. Compared to my Dad's where I had to do everything, it was easy.
Sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you're talking about. I know they have to make a living but there should be limits. Getting gouged in times of sorry just isn't right and heartless.
It's a stressful time and a lot of people with their hand out.... Hard to make decisions when you are crying.

Learned a long time ago how hard it is for others when someone dies.
My wife died at the age of 46 and had no money for the funeral, Had 8 kids all living at home the youngest was 2 and the worst part was we were visiting friends in another state 1500 miles from home.
I learned my lesson MAPS.
And not going to ask why you have 70 bulldogs because I like dogs and I have 8 kids 14 grand kids and get tired of people telling me I am over populating the Earth.
Geez Fred...you've had a real go at life but you've got a good family and a good life by the sounds of it.

Geez Fred...you've had a real go at life but you've got a good family and a good life by the sounds of it.
Seems like we all got to go through bad times Mark. But I couldn't be more happier now, I'm not rich with money but am rich with good family and friends.
Joining this Forum brought me lots of good friends.

Seems like we all got to go through bad times Mark. But I couldn't be more happier now, I'm not rich with money but am rich with good family and friends.
Joining this Forum brought me lots of good friends.
Family is everything Fred. I love getting together with ours.
Nobody has a perfect life and if they say they do they're lying. You don't need money to be happy, mind you it helps lol.

Family is everything Fred. I love getting together with ours.
Nobody has a perfect life and if they say they do they're lying. You don't need money to be happy, mind you it helps lol.
Yep I need to win the Lotto, but not looking like that will happen.
You know the old saying. I was born broke and I still have most of that left.

Yep I need to win the Lotto, but not looking like that will happen.
You know the old saying. I was born broke and I still have most of that left.
I've always used that line but we're comfortable and have a great family and with the family we're rich.

No return on electric or casket items.
Kinda like a no return on the dead. Or finding a used casket for sale.
Or if some place had a sale on caskets I would tell them that is the last thing I need.

-
Back