Funny trunion story

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
64 More door Bel 318 poly PB got it in a trade. Traded a $500 77 Volare wagon for it. I got the wagon for the perfect grill and switched that in my 76 RR I later sold. I digress. Well the Bel runs good, had new AMD full pans, I added new windshield and back glass, tires, buckets, etc. etc. Did the paint, very soild and pretty darn straight. Decided not to just part it or sell as parts car/ I like it. I would drive it down our country road a ways or into town about 10 mi for some gas. Drove great, no vibration. Any noise?? Dunno. Old and about half deaf. Wife has learned NOT to go with me on these runs till I guarantee we will make it back home. Un assisted.
Other day I took it out and "kinda" got on it. Then it has a terrible vibrtion until it gets up to about 30 maybe. I figure the trunion is bad. hummmm. I pull the DS and it has no "balls in the "ball and trunion"! NONE notta nothing! ha Good grease though!
A PO had rebuilt some of the front suspension. New shocks. OK so it had a vacuum leak and 2 plugwires were backwards.
I would sell it but have ya ever tried to sell a really nice 64 Bel MORE door!? Yes I have. Too nice for someone to buy for parts and it ain't a TWO door. It could be if I have the doors and b pillow!! anyone????????????

I found them.

1670939786307.png

-
Back