Future sellers please read

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
In the past we (the Mods) have been commenting on a lot of the "for sale" ads when the seller is missing information, like asking price, location or including info. that they are not supposed to like phone #'s and email addresses. BTW Gold members are allowed to include the last 2 items. Since Joey has added the rule section to the top of all new "for sale" threads these problems have diminished but not completely, some members continue to ignore the rules. Then when we do correct the post or ask for more info, on occasion the seller gets pissey with us. It's been suggested that from now on we simply delete the "for sale" thread in question and leave the seller guessing what he/she did wrong. I'm starting to lean that way myself so don't be surprised when "for sale" ads go missing in the future.

Have a nice day:banghead:

Terry

Yes !! I have seen many and some of them I just pm and say they need to read the rules on posting phone #'ers and e-mail addresses, If I am ignored I hit the report button
I don't understand why any person would get pissy about the rules, they are the one missing the point of having thousands of members see what they have for sale.
Thank you ALL for your time to keep it neat hear.

same here if they cant read the rules they will figure it out after you detlete there adds a few times.

Yes !! I have seen many and some of them I just pm and say they need to read the rules on posting phone #'ers and e-mail addresses, If I am ignored I hit the report button
I don't understand why any person would get pissy about the rules, they are the one missing the point of having thousands of members see what they have for sale.
Thank you ALL for your time to keep it neat hear.

Thanks Mike, actually one did get pissey with me this morning, this after being warned on more than one occasion. Net result both the thread and threader are no longer with us.:angel12:

It's been suggested that from now on we simply delete the "for sale" thread in question and leave the seller guessing what he/she did wrong.

should have been done like that from the start. its stupid to have to pull info out of people. if they can't follow the rule delete the damn ad. makes things a lot more simple.

and it shouldn't be.

personally i think there should be a post count to be allowed to sell something here also.. too many people join just to sell something which is ok but when you p[ost a question they are no where to be found.

Not to read em to post em eagle.Can we get posts deleted by people who have never started a thread unless it was a sale thread. I cant stand people whos only reason for being here is to make a dollar. I know we cant,just saying.

I would suggest a warning for first offense. Then delete any and all post from that member that don't meet the rules after the warning.

should have been done like that from the start. its stupid to have to pull info out of people. if they can't follow the rule delete the damn ad. makes things a lot more simple.

Your right. We tried to be nice about it - but some people just dont get it.

and it shouldn't be.

personally i think there should be a post count to be allowed to sell something here also.. too many people join just to sell something which is ok but when you p[ost a question they are no where to be found.

Don't do that, then we (by that I mean I) might miss out on a good deal for a Demon so I can officially join the club

Not to read em to post em eagle.Can we get posts deleted by people who have never started a thread unless it was a sale thread. I cant stand people whos only reason for being here is to make a dollar. I know we cant,just saying.

We allow that because we dont want to limit ads on parts that sometimes are very hard to find.

It's been suggested that from now on we simply delete the "for sale" thread in question and leave the seller guessing what he/she did wrong. I'm starting to lean that way myself so don't be surprised when "for sale" ads go missing in the future.

Totally agree demon seed

personally i think there should be a post count to be allowed to sell something here also.. too many people join just to sell something which is ok but when you post a question they are no where to be found.

Right on joe. Way to many first post is something for sale members recently. I mean seems like it would just be common courtesy and good business to introduce yourself first.

Oldschoolcuda

20 post min before listing?

BAD IDEA!!!

Some people that are valuable members here don't post that much, and some people here have thousands and shouldn't post that much..... get what I'm saying??8-)

I agree, just delete the ones that don't follow the rules!!

This is how it goes on TTF and works great!! No spammers and no B.S...

CLASSIFIEDS RULES:

1. These classifieds are meant for regulars, not just another place for random people to post their junk for sale. Users with under 100 posts can not post in the classifieds, the forum is coded that way. You may not post an ad until you reach 100 posts and you are approved by an admin to post in the classifieds. Do not come here and post up 100 crap posts just so you can reach 100 posts. If you do this your ad will be locked and your account will be modified so that you can not ever post a classified ad. Everyone here polices this rule and if you do this WE WILL KNOW ABOUT IT.

In addition to the 100 post rule you must also have been a member here for at least 3 months before you can post a classified ad.

In an effort to help protect our members, people who make it to 100 posts are no longer automatically granted the right to post in the classifieds. Once you reach 100 posts you must send a PM to_________. They will decide if you should have access to the classifieds. There will be a 24 hour waiting period for review and judgment.

Thanks Mike, actually one did get pissey with me this morning, this after being warned on more than one occasion. Net result both the thread and threader are no longer with us.:angel12:

That's insane to get pissey with you when your just trying to lead them down the right path. It's like the old saying about leading a horse to water.....

BAD IDEA!!!

Some people that are valuable members here don't post that much, and some people here have thousands and shouldn't post that much..... get what I'm saying??8-)

I agree, just delete the ones that don't follow the rules!!

It makes one wonder how valuable a member is with less than 20 posts now doesn't it. I say delete them, with a PM sent telling them to do it the right way.

I read the rules before posting, it's not rocket science.

-
Back