Fyi...

-

Sully1190

Look. It's a Gold Duster.
Reaction score
For those who were curious before when I posted asking about wrangler rims...

They will not fit on a 74 Dart without spacers. Backspace on them is 5.5, where the stocks on mine were 3.5. They rub on the control arm on the front (and would probably rub on the brakes as well, if the arm wasn't in the way).

They might fit on the back without spacers. Didn't check.

Thanks for this info. I was considering putting them on my 73 Charger.

Which ones did you try? I'm looking at the "star" style.

I've seen two similar, but different styles of these.

I wonder if they have different widths/bs?

Thanks for this info. I was considering putting them on my 73 Charger.

Which ones did you try? I'm looking at the "star" style.

I've seen two similar, but different styles of these.

I wonder if they have different widths/bs?

i know the "honeycomb" style and the 5 star are the same 15 x 7 wheel with the same backspace. im pretty sure all the pre 97 15" aluminum jeep wheels are the same BS

Mine are off a Jeep Cherokee with 4.5 backspace

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 276
Mine are off a Jeep Cherokee with 4.5 backspace

What year is yours? 4.5 backspacing works fine with no spacers or anything?

That would be really good to know as my wheel hunt continues. Thanks for the info!

Just read this thread: The rim in TrailBeast's pic is an aftermarket piece, that's why it's 4.5 back space. Factory rims are 5.5.

Backspace is going to depend on your axle setup. But the other caveat is that "not all" modern Jeep wheels have the same bolt pattern!!!!

Some are indeed 5 on 4.5 (114.3mm) but some are 5 on 5" (127mm). I recently ran into this on Craigslist, some wheels who "we both thought" would fit until I had him carefully measure to studs.

And of course the "traditional" Jeep CJ's were 5 on 5.5, same as Ford/ Dodge 1/2T 4x4

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Jeep___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at a set of those that a buddy took off of his 95 cherokee. If they won't clear they won't do me any good.

The ones I run on mine are allegedly off a 98 Grand Cherokee, about 5 1/8 backspace, about 8" OD width, but then I'm running a 9" Ford Versaille rear axle These are meant to be "interim" tires and wheels until I get the front end changed over to disc and rebuilt. It's still 4" bolt circle

15n7g39.jpg

11l7br6.jpg

I too, may leave 'em on there. I bought two sets of 14's awhile back, both traditional ET unilug one set of spokers (Ansen style) and the other slot mags. I'm having one HELL of a time deciding....................

Understand,I had Ansen Sprints on my El Camino.Timeless look.

67Dart273's wheels are the ones I was considering.

Nice to know the BS.

...and they look GREAT on that car.

Next time I see any in a JY, I'll see if I can put em on the front of an M body and chect that fit. That should be close enough.

-
Back