Galen Govier s Response for my car !

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score

i dont understand how come this guy cannot find infos on the cars !! oh my god what im gonna do !!!! ahahahahah

but seriously its sad that for those who like me wanted to know the last factory 1976 duster 360 fabrication numbers .

So my duster 360 is one of ??? i think i would never know ! anyway now i know that is verry rare and for sure that i will count them i found 2 others duster 360 one with sunroof and the other didnt have that options ..

In 1975 they made 1 421 dusters 360 2 % were sunroof cars .. and in 76 ??

anyway thx for you guys to helping me with this weird project , i wanted to find this out really bad but im not lucky this time ! best luck to me next time !

snuffy014.jpg

Part of the problem is that some nitwit or nitwits at Chrysler lost, threw away, or destroyed all of the production records for 1968 on up. If you have a '67 or older you can get the build record right from Chrysler Historical. When he did a full documentation on my car back in 1994 I already knew mine was 1 of 53. He was crazy thorough. He checked everything from all 3 VIN stamp locations to VINs on the engine and trans to window stampings to weatherstrip, radiator, and a host of other part numbers.

Well, he did not lie to you. To Chrysler, last years car was just a car they built last year.

Does anybody know how many Sunroof A-Bodies wrere made in 73 thru 76?

Part of the problem is that some nitwit or nitwits at Chrysler lost, threw away, or destroyed all of the production records for 1968 on up. If you have a '67 or older you can get the build record right from Chrysler Historical. When he did a full documentation on my car back in 1994 I already knew mine was 1 of 53. He was crazy thorough. He checked everything from all 3 VIN stamp locations to VINs on the engine and trans to window stampings to weatherstrip, radiator, and a host of other part numbers.

After some research I've decided that pre-68 Chrysler used computer punch cards for production records and to print window stickers and build sheets. These were put on micro-fish (sp) and are still available through Chrysler Historical Society. 68 and up they converted to computer tape and distroyed the tapes later.

I guess I am on the bottom shelf on this one :-k
who is GALEN GOVIER. :dontknow:
Thanks for your time.

http://www.galengovier.com/

Galen Govier is considered on of the most knowledgeable (arguably) individuals in the Mopar community. I remember reading a lot about him in Mopar Muscle in the early 90's.

Thank you Thrashard340 :rock:
My fender tag is a bit rusty :-k
If I need one I know where to get one.:thumbrig:

He is only interested in the E and B bodies. The rarer
the better. I think he is only out for the high dollor
cars any more.
He did come up with some numbers for my pink Duster when
I had it. But Mopar Collectors Guide sent him my letter and
broadcast sheet.
Don't worry. All A bodies are worth more then an E body.
They must be. They are first in the alphabet.

Well, some people bash Galen for stuff like this, but at least he didn't make up a bunch of assumptions like some people would have. It's not his fault that the information doesn't exist. A lot of people say they don't need Galen to decode/decipher THEIR car because they can do it themselves. Lets not forget that a lot of information that is common knowledge today was researched by him over the past twenty years or so. He is also looked at as a neutral person to examine and advise when a high $$ car is trading hands and he does know what he is looking at.
On the issue of sunroof cars, I have a friend that has a 75 Duster with a factory hole in the roof.

I don't have a picture of his sunroof, it's probably the only thing stock on his car.

100_0956.jpg

http://www.galengovier.com/

Galen Govier is considered on of the most knowledgeable (arguably) individuals in the Mopar community. I remember reading a lot about him in Mopar Muscle in the early 90's.

Way back in the mid 80's he was a member of the now defunct Mopar Muscle Club International and decoded broadcast sheets for free if you were a member. He did my 65 Dart GT convert and was spot on about it's options and features (still have the typewritten sheet he sent me). Then he got famous and charged for decoding broadcast sheets and inspective your car.

At moparfest one year, He was walking around snapping pics of fender tags, so we all covered up our inner fenders. Don't recall Him paying for that info from others there.

No he didnt charge me .. im not bashing the guy , but i was so happy when i saw the number on my phone .. but so dissapointed when i was reading this .. anyway its just that me and one of my best friend ( my mecanician ) was telling me how hard this car was .. and that i would see it with Galen s response .. and so now i would tell my friends that the car is so ultra rare that the papers doesnt even exist !

im joking but i think that im gonna continue to count them with the years , cause i will maybe never get this info !

Galen "certified" my 67 Dart GT - also got documentation from Chrysler Historical Society and copy of original punch card from their archives. No issues with Galen other than turnaround time. Chrysler Historical was a nice bunch.

After some research I've decided that pre-68 Chrysler used computer punch cards for production records and to print window stickers and build sheets. These were put on micro-fish (sp) and are still available through Chrysler Historical Society. 68 and up they converted to computer tape and distroyed the tapes later.
Thanks for the info. I always wondered what happened.

He is only interested in the E and B bodies. The rarer
the better. I think he is only out for the high dollor
cars any more.
He did come up with some numbers for my pink Duster when
I had it. But Mopar Collectors Guide sent him my letter and
broadcast sheet.
Don't worry. All A bodies are worth more then an E body.
They must be. They are first in the alphabet.
He did a nice job documenting my A Body. Maybe the big block A Bodies mean more to him?

About the sunroof cars there is a member on this forum that is collecting the numbers about the sunroof 340 cars. I have a 73 Dart Sport 340.

look if ....in 1974 1.141 % of the the 34.681 duster made were 360s cars ..

for 1975 that number was 1.83 % if we apply that on the 76 production numbers . thats about 300 @ 400 cars produced for the 1976 model year with 360 cid engines ..

but still... i dont have my response ! :(

At moparfest one year, He was walking around snapping pics of fender tags, so we all covered up our inner fenders. Don't recall Him paying for that info from others there.

At Spring Fling a year or two ago, he was walking around snapping pictures of vin tags. He moved the sign in sheet covering my vin to snap a pix of it. I don't have a fender tag(thru it out years ago) so he couldn't take a pix of it.

-
Back