Gaps in windows

-

76dartsport76

Mopar girl
Reaction score
I have a 76 dart sport and he door windows feel really loose I removed the door panels to see if there was anything I could tighten up but never found nothing I'm wondering I maybe the weather stripping needs replaced and if an one ha a suggestion as to wha company to buy it from

Maybe you need new window felts or "cat whiskers" as some call them. These are often worn or dry rotted and can cause the window to seem loose. Not sure of a good reasonably priced place to buy them, but I sholud look into it, as mine are shot also.

If the gap you are referring to is at the top of the window when the door is closed, then new roof rail weatherstripping may be what you need. I got mine from Metro. Here's a link to their website.
http://www.metrommp.com/

Hope this helps!

When I went looking for my "Cat whiskers" there were none to be found.So I improvised. For the record Dante's part #990964 @$60/set is now available.
I found at home depot a 90* door weatherstripping that when unfolded closely resembled the proper configuration. it is vinyl covered foam that cost about $5. I'm sorry I dont have the item number but I just took one of the old ones in with me and compared everything I could get my hands on. I stripped the old rubber off the stainless part and glued the new gasket right back in its place. There is also a hard plastic rib on the large section that very closely compares to the hight of the original.
Now with that said I still may get a correct set now that they are available.
Just an alternative.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo385.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Photo384.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Photo383.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 127
Sounds like an easy up stop adjustment. Very easy to do, but even so, the 1st time I did it I had to refer to the FSM. It's spelled out in an articulate manner so that even I could follow along.

-
Back